EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Dead Line On DIS. Dead Pixels?

Hi there. I just noticed this... it seems that a line going through the left side of my DIS as if its dead as in it doesnt show info.
    It's hard to explain.

Well i took a pic of it so you can see. Notice the 31 at the bottom! Sorry about the quality =/

Now that line goes from top to bottom and altho it doesn't seem to cover the other stuff above in the pic, trust me it does as i toggle through the other info.

What do you think the problem is?
    Last edited by emzino; 8th March 2007 at 21:55.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    What do you think the problem is?
    Expensive...

1st Gear

Status
    How olds the car.. take it back under warranty if you can......
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

5th Gear

Status
    2003 53 plate. Dear oh dear don't say expensive

Can it get worse?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Well it wont be cheap... couple of hundred at least i would take a guess!
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

4th Gear

Status
    From memory a new pod is about £600 I think. I think they do recon ones too.

Get in touch with Audi UK if you are out of warranty, a dash pod should last the life of the car, they may be willing to pay some towards it.

There was a lot of bother last year about dash pods failing on TTs out of warranty (though not for pixel failure) and it featured on Watchdog, think Audi ended up paying for quite a few. Probably find some info on here or on the Watchdog site.
    Sportback

5th Gear

Status
    Uh why oh why. I guess that's why the car went for less compared to others with a similar spec.

Anyway, do you think it could get worse or can I get away with it for a couple more months > 1year?

I will call Audi UK though and tell them what's going on but as far as I know it's definitely out of warranty and check on Watchdog website as well as here.

Many thanks again!

Gone but not forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    Perhaps a salvage unit would do? (eg. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250092288784?)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wasen't there a thread about this a while ago? I take it you are talking about the dead line running from left to right?

Mine has this and I thought a lot of people had this also.

ta.

6th Gear

Status
    Mmmm, I read a similar thread about this somewhere. Sorry can't remember which forum. The guy took the dash pod out and checked the ribbon cable running to the actual DIS. Might be worth a try before spending wads of cash.

As for a striaght swop of the dash pod, aren't all the imobiliser parts in there? I'm sure only a dealer would be able to recode this along with the mileage.

Good luck!!

Neutral

Status
    I think, but correct me if i'm wrong that this 'dead line' is normal - this is where the LED unit sperates - portion at the bottom only displays red, top displayes in red / yellow. Im fairly sure there's nothing wrong with your unit

Neutral

Status
    thats not the line he is talking about people. the left to right horizontal one is normal.

he points out the problem in the '3' at the bottom, there is a vertical line missing. looks like a problem and looks difficult to fix..

5th Gear

Status
    Hm. Well thanks for all your input. I don't think I have the money right now for it so i'm going to have to leave it for now, probably get back to in summer.
    Just haven't got the funds to cover it =/

I really hope it doesn't get worse, that's all i'm worried about at the moment. Would really ruin the look of the car. I still love it tho lol :D

Gone but not forgotten