Not a good night for Audi

Just Plain Old said:
You're all looking at it with the usual 'defeatist' attitude, brought about by the Government brainwashing you into believing that whatever crime may befall you it's your fault because you must have done something 'wrong'

That's a bit sweeping, as only one person on here actually said that.

And as for the rule of law returning, I fear it is too late and it will only get worse while "cost" is the motivation behind everything the government do.

Every time you see a press release about doing this and that for "efficiency", read "cost cutting and not as efficient or good"

silver75 said:
Exactly its no coincedence that you see people with double garages leaving their porkers on the drive either

That's a bit unfair really.
All the houses on our street have double garages.
The nearest three houses to me have a Porsche Cayenne,a BMW 6 series and a Merc CLS.
None of them use their garages regularly (the Porsche guy does if he's away on business).
It's got nowt to do with being 'flash'.
It's just a fact of life that the more space you have,the more crap you accumulate,so their double garages are,like mine,filled with kids toys,lawn mowers,pushbikes and boxes.
I have to pile one side of the my garage to the rafters in the winter,just to get the wife's Clio in the other side.

Incidentally,little tip for those who do use their garages.
'No more nails' is brilliant for sticking old bits of carpet to brick.
No more drilling/masonry nails etc.

There was similar stories kicking around when I bought my R32 a few years ago. Claire panic'd and thought it was a bad idea as our garage was in a seperate parking area and it wasn;t lit...

Never had a problem. If you want it have it, just make sure you are preapred to give the keys away if needed. It is after all only a car and insured.

J.

bowfer said:
All a garage does is hide the car from opportunist thieves.
Determined thieves aren't going to be detracted by it.

The point is, if your car is in your garage then thieves won't even know it's there unless they've followed you home or something.

Regarding garage sizes, I think there's a rule whereby a garage has to be a certain size in order to be classed as a garage. That's why all these new builds have small garages, because the builders can say '4 bed with garage' and charge more money so they make the garages the minimum size they possibly can whilst still being able to say it's a garage.

Purely about money, not design.

normski said:
Almost sounds like you are having a pop, but I won't rise M8 in case you weren't.

Did I blame the poor chap, NO
Did I suggest he shouldn't be lucky enough to have such a nice car, NO
Did I make any opinion as to how he chose to park his car, NO

The car was on show for people to notice, plain and simple. That is his choice and his alone, and it probably never even occurred to him that this type of vehicle gets nicked alot. It would be lovely to still be that innocent in my way of thinking.

Quite simply, as per my original statement, the car was advertised to the potential RS4 thief as being there, and I feel sorry for the bloke.

Not having a go at you, and it was not the intention. I suspect you are a police officer, which if you are, I feel sorry for you because it must be soul distroying catching criminals just to have them be let out to re-offend.

Chris.

normski said:
Pretty disturbing quandry.
Given your situation, I'd be inclined to take the Mrs' car at night and leave the S3 on the drive with the keys in the hall. If they do have a go then they'll find the keys quickly and leave with the car, minimising the risk of trauma or assault on the wife.

Silver75, go on be ***** M8.

Everyone has the right to speak their mind.

As for leaving the S3 on the drive and keys in the hall, probably the best idea really.

Might even leave an envelope with an extra £100 for them to take the Mrs' :icon_thumright:

Interesting... anyone still has doubts about GAP insurance?

Cars will be stolen, the sun will shine (well, in Portugal at least...), your neighbour will envy you, girlfriends are nice, wives are a pain.... That's life!

If my S3 gets nicked... bad luck! Hope it is insured and GAPped... It's only a car... Fact of life!

Now, I cannot accept that it is my fault my car gets nicked just because I wanted an S3!!! If I buy a S3 is because I can and I want it... Should we all buy 4th hand Ladas so it is not our fault if they are nicked?...

In that line of thought, shall I date an really ugly woman so no one looks at her? Shall I live in a old ruin instead of a new house, etc, etc, etc

I will certainly NOT!!

Pedro

P.S.: We should life our lifes for ourselves and family do not be afraid of being judged by society... usually those judgements come from envy... Should I be mediocre instead of trying to achieve things in life? Sorry guys but this is a sensitive point to me...

normski said:
That's a bit sweeping, as only one person on here actually said that.

As generalisations go I'd say it's pretty accurate,,, wouldn't you??

As for the Police, it is apparently a matter of fact that there are more officers now than there have ever been..........! The problem is they are not being used in the way that the vast majority of us, the great unwashed, [taxpayers] would want them to be.

Until the burden of 'institutionalised Political Correctness', the race relations Gestapo, and probably PACE, are removed from the Police 'force' this will never change. And the mountain of paperwork will continue to overwhelm the front line Coppers that should be out on our streets actively seeking out and dealing with the scum that infest them,,,,, not filling in ******** forms about everything bar the actual 'crime'...............

In these one you have to blame Health and Safety! Police cannot chase robbers if the chase poses risks to the thieves!! Can you believe this? But the same police makes me go to court for speeding 44mph in a 30mph zone!! Fine I accept my fault but do I really need to go to court and spend taxpayers money in such a normal situation.... Just issue me a ****** fine and I will happily pay it!

Pedro

P.S.: In Portugal you have to pay the fine in loco (police cars are fitted with chip and pin machines..) and that is it! Chasing robbers is allowed and an eventual police enforcement ("spanking") has also been reported... Thieves do not take it easy in Portugal! But no, in UK Health and Safety first!

It happens up this end of the country too, a friend of mine got his RS6 and porsche 911 stolen from his garage while he and his family were asleep in bed.When plod did a search of his garden looking for clues they found his house keys and keys to his business on the lawn.
They took nothing else out of the house just wanted the cars.
Needless to say cars never seen again.

bowfer said:
They wouldn't need a gun to get my motor.
They'd only have to ask and I'd wave them off as well.
I'd have to remind them it'd need oil long before it reached a container port though.

Or you could just tell them its a DSG.

normski said:
Sorry for slow reply, been in bed as I was on nights (obviously).

I live down the road from you in Stratford-upon-Avon.

The first two RS4's went from Redditch, the S3 and A3 3.2 from the same house in Solihull and the last RS4 from Stratford.

The Stratford one was a brand new 07 RS4 in sprint blue sat on the owners drive next to his wife's TT on a new estate.

Bit of advertising unfortunately for him.

Thanks for the info and headsup Normski, that makes it clearer the areas with which these theives are targeting, and I'm within the vacinity, with my wife originally from Stratford also... hopefully the fact that my S3 is almost a banger with age will put them off, they seem to be after newer metal(touchwood!).

well i'm glad ive got a tdi then - this is one subject that takes advantage of a tdi's 'bad' reputation as being crap

steve184 said:
well i'm glad ive got a tdi then - this is one subject that takes advantage of a tdi's 'bad' reputation as being crap

noooooooooooo.... tdi's are NOT crap!! :motz:

Ming Blue said:
noooooooooooo.... tdi's are NOT crap!! :motz:
Somehow your signature seems somewhat appropriate, given the subject matter in this post:

"The way to love anything is to realise that it may be lost. "

I guess that means we all love our cars now!

jdp1962 said:
Or you could just tell them its a DSG.

Hey,if it got rid of the car I'd give them a demo and tell them it's the best thing since sliced loaf.

How about a deal with someone on here ?
If you live in a high risk area,let's swap cars for a while.
Make it easy for them to nick my car,at which point I'll return your car.
Thieves are unlikely to strike twice at the same house,so your car will then be safe(r) from that point on.
Everyone's happy !

There's zero chance of my car being nicked up here.
I live in the sort of area where I could leave the keys in it for a week and it would still be there.....unfortunately ;-)

The most annoying thing here is that if these thieving scum try to take your keys or break into your house there is nothing you can do about it! The current law almost requires you to gift wrap the keys for them!
Someone breaks into mine after my S3 and they will be greated by a nunchaka through their face, which will probably not far off kill them. Then it becomes MY fault! thats CRAZY.
I like all of you have the right to defent my property agaisnt theft or damage. And I for one will and i do not expect to be prosecuted for doing so.
Hope these scum are caught and locked away for a long time.

Of course you can do something.
'sufficient force' is a grey area,but unless it's ridiculously obvious that you went over the score,I doubt anything would happen to you.
One blow from a golf club/baseball bat would probably be deemed sufficient force/self defence,but it could kill them (be a shame that...).
Repeatedly whacking them when they're already gibbering on the floor like Audley Harrison was two weeks ago would be 'excessive'.

Me ?
I'm a fully paid up member of Tony Martin's neighbourhood watch scheme and I have the t-shirt to prove it.

http://www.sidstore.com/storefrontp...d=47510&c=0&search_text=tony+martin&submit=GO

bowfer said:
Of course you can do something.
'sufficient force' is a grey area,but unless it's ridiculously obvious that you went over the score,I doubt anything would happen to you.
One blow from a golf club/baseball bat would probably be deemed sufficient force/self defence,but it could kill them (be a shame that...).
Repeatedly whacking them when they're already gibbering on the floor like Audley Harrison was two weeks ago would be 'excessive'.

Me ?
I'm a fully paid up member of Tony Martin's neighbourhood watch scheme and I have the t-shirt to prove it.

http://www.sidstore.com/storefrontprofiles/deluxeSFshop.aspx?sid=1&sfid=47510&c=0&search_text=tony+martin&submit=GO

Ha ha cool T-Shirt I'm gonna get me one of those!!!

The world is gone mad, criminals get more rights than the victims these days.

I think it's pretty clear, if they are on the way in, then they are fair game, if they are trying to leg it then I think you might get in the **** if you chase after them and hurt / kill them. As much as I'd like to give someone a ****** good kicking if they tried anything I don't fancy getting stabed or shot over a car.

This country needs a serious attitude change and sharpish, we pay more tax then ever (and more than most other european countries), we have a government that wants to watch our every move, police state here we come. We have crap public services, a police force that effectivly have their hands tied behind their backs. free housing / cars / whatever for those too lazy to work. And a growing public sector, so more people need paying by the few of us in the private sector.

Sorry, rant over... got a little carried away.

Thing is would you want to advertise it's trackered and give them the oportunity to look for it? Personally I'd leave it unmarked, activate it with the hope that the car comes back in one piece.

I'm with Eeef
If a tracker is fitted,I wouldn't advertise it.
They'd probably know where to look for it and rip the car apart.
Better they get tracked and caught.
You see it in action on SKY sometimes.
Poor coppers trying to track a 'beep beep beep beep' around a council estate !

Just Plain Old said:
You're all looking at it with the usual 'defeatist' attitude, brought about by the Government brainwashing you into believing that whatever crime may befall you it's your fault because you must have done something 'wrong'............ Not me.

What is wrong in this Country is that the 'rule of law' has broken down, and these scum have no fear of the consequences of, (in the unlikely event that it may happen) being caught!

Therefore the only solution to this, and many other problems, is the restoration of the 'rule of law',,,,,,, not locking your car in the garage.......

And we all know my Political preferance for doing that!!

Well said sir !!! :whip:

My mate had his RS4 stolen in similar circumstances. They broke in and stole the keys, he had only had the car 10 days and this was the first night he didn't put it in the garage. The police recon it was an "inside job".

He's just taken delivery of a replacement RS4, lets hope he keeps this one for longer.....

[quote
This country needs a serious attitude change and sharpish, we pay more tax then ever (and more than most other european countries), we have a government that wants to watch our every move, police state here we come. We have crap public services, a police force that effectivly have their hands tied behind their backs. free housing / cars / whatever for those too lazy to work. And a growing public sector, so more people need paying by the few of us in the private sector.

Agree with every word you say but unfortunately even with a change of goverment nothing much will change they are all too busy thinking how they can feather their own nests and f--k the plebs who pay for it all.

You can bet your life if ladyboy er ladyman gets his way and brings in road pricing MPs civil servants ect will be paying f all as it will all be paid on expenses.

What ever happened to blairs statement we will listen to the people nearly 2 million people signed the petition against road pricing and ladyman has stated he expects it to be implemented by 2015 so much for listening to the people.

Rant over

bowfer said:
Hey,if it got rid of the car I'd give them a demo and tell them it's the best thing since sliced loaf./quote]

I must admit, I was tempted to suggest it, heheh! Must be a bit of a choker when you leave the car unlocked in hope they'll nick it, and they don't!:lmfao: