A write up for Dents Impossible.

rich1068

Reaction score
Some of you may recall that this happened a week or so ago.

Damage003Medium.jpg

After a quotation last week, Ian and Adey from Dents Impossible ( www.dentsimpossible.com ) came out on Monday to repair the damage. This is the result.

Repair001Small.jpg

Repair002Small.jpg

Ian handles the paintwork and Adey sees to the dents. Both have previous experience with large national franchises and certainly know their stuff. To be honest the 4' scuff on the paintwork seemed to be the least of their worries, luckily the paint wasn't broken and with a bit of work from Ian the mark disappeared. He then went off to touch up some stone chips I didn't even know I had. The main problems were the dents on the wheel arch. As it turned out this couldn't be tackled from under the arch as I expected and they told me they'd have to drill the panel to get access. Scary thought but what they did was remove the rear light cluster, drill a hole about the thickness of your little finger in the panel underneath and attack the dents from there with two foot long metal rods. These push out the dent from the inside, corrections are made on the outside with what looked like a toffee hammer and a candle. I'm sure it wasn't a candle but it looked like one.

After about two hours Adey reckoned that it was as good as it was going to be, sealed the hole back up and refitted the light cluster. To be completely honest I would say the dents have 99% gone. It's only in a certain light and if you're really looking for it that you can see a very slight crease. Don't get me wrong though, I'm as picky about my car as probably anyone else on here and I'm delighted with the work they did. I've looked a few times since and I really don't notice it. It's quite obvious that they are car enthusiasts themselves and take pride in what they're doing which obviously puts your mind at ease.

So if you've got some minor damage to your motor and value attention to detail and you live in the Manchester/Sheffield/Nottingham area then give them a call.

Recommended!

Excellent plug Rich, and what an outstanding repair! Can you say how much the repair cost?

I like to think I do a good plug :)

Well it turns out I got it cheap because they are friends of a friend but I don't think £150 would out of order. And as my excess is £300 I think I got off light.

Outstanding! Too bad it's nowhere near London :(

oooooo i got LOADS of dents and scratches

how much did they charge you chap?

rich1068 said:
I like to think I do a good plug :)

Well it turns out I got it cheap because they are friends of a friend but I don't think £150 would out of order. And as my excess is £300 I think I got off light.

Think you got off lightly there mate - looked nasty in your original pic, but they certainly delivered for you - you'd never guess from the original pics!

It awlays amazes me what these guys are capable of.

The damage in your fist picture looks quite bad. Normally it would be a expensive trip to the bodyshop to fix that.

I'd say that is better than any job you could get done by a bodyshop as it doesn't involve spraying whole panels and so negates the problem of blending panels.

Pleased to see that the cars now back to perfect.

I can't speak highly enough of our local 'dentsaway' bloke either.
Every panel on my wife's Honda HRV had a little dent,caused by careless people parking outside her shop and opening their doors against it.
Along comes with the man with the little hammers and suction cups and gets it looking mint within 20 minutes and for £40 cash.
He was called back when some did it to her new Clio.
He hadn't even seen one of them before,yet he had it sorted in 10 minutes and £20 cash.
I swear bodyshops would have charged hundreds on both occasions.