Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    windsurfer

Status

GAP Insurance - Claim limit...

Hi, just shopping GAP for my S3, any advice on the claim limit? It changes the premium...

Best quote so far Ł266 from getmegap for Return to Invoice with a claim limit of Ł25000...

Thanks
    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around Ł19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

I've just got a deal through my dealer of Ł225 for 3 years Return to Invoice with a claim limit of Ł15,000. Remember the claim limit only has to make up the difference between what the insurance company payout for a total loss and the original price.

I managed to talk the dealers into the Ł225 price by showing them an Internet quote of Ł205 with AXA from www.surfandprotect.com. The dealers original price was Ł399 and they said they could not match the quote but would go down to Ł225 which I accepted.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Third Gear

Status
    Bought mine from the dealer, covers full value my car. First quote from them was £600, after some hard bargaining got them down to £200. Used the fact they gave me no discount on the car as a bargaining tool
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

windsurfer

Status
    Thanks, the dealer has told me Ł399 but I will take some internet quotes and the fact that I did not get a discount to bring that down!

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around Ł19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    My GAP policy was £250 from Audi without any bargaining, they just said it was £250 which i thought was a standard rate

4th Gear

Status
    We have used click4gap.com which is covered by hitachi finance. 3 years and Ł25k return to invoice for Ł229.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

5th Gear

Status
    What does the GAP insurance do? Sorry for the dump question =/

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    its a handy insurance policy so that when you get bored of your car after 2 years 11 months you can crash it into a tree or set fire to it , and you will get back exactly what you paid for it in the first place.
    A3-SLINE 2.0 TDI DSG , phantom black,full leather, cruise control, heated seats, RNS-E audi navigation, bose, auto dipping wing mirrors, interior light pack, auto rain sensors and dipping mirror.

1st Gear

Status
    Whilst picking up my new S3 today the finance chap tried to get me to sign up for gap. The Audi policy is expensive and is only return to invoice and not new for old. Surf and protect or click 4 gap do new for old if you want to pay a bit extra.
    To try and make me spend my money with him he tried to say that some companies are poor at paying out.
    How true is this and what would they do to wriggle out of paying!!

Peter

If your car is stolen or is a write-off due to an accident, Return to Invoice GAP Insurance makes up the difference between what your insurance comapny pay out for your car and what you paid for it when you bought it.

There are normally 3 levels than you can buy. 1. Makes up the difference on any outstanding finance, 2. Return to Invoice pays the difference back to the Invoice price and 3. Pays the difference back to the cost of a new similar model. 1 is the cheapest and 3 is the most expensive.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    IMO opinion this is pointless and i have not taken this out on my car. One, all car insurance is new for old for the first year anyway (if you buy brand new and are the first registered keper) so straight away you are only gettin 2 years cover for your money. Two, (for me) i rarely keep cars for more than about 2 and a half years so this would reduce the benefeit down further. and three you would have to an awful, awful amount of damage to a new car costing 20-odd thousand - the typical threshold is 60% which means on a 20k car (is there many audis bought for less than this brand new??) you would have to do over Ł12,000 worth of damage to write it off - thats a hell of a bang and a mess of a car, and probably a very hurt driver!

It would be interesting to know the exact figures for this scheme - i reckon out of every 1000 brand new cars sold about 20 would be written off in first 3 years - this is a hell of a profit! My summary: Its a tiny tiny benefit that serves more for making dealers money.

Yes but what happens if you car is say 18 months old and gets stolen. Your insurance company will pay out the current markey value for your 18 month old car, which will be a lot less than you paid for it and a lot less than you will need to buy a new one.

If my car was stolen and my insurance company offered even Ł18,000 and my Ł24,000 car I would need to find Ł6,000 out of my own pocket to replace it. If the car was 2.5 years old I would need yo find in the order of Ł12,000. With the GAP insurance my normal insurance company will pay me the current market value and the GAP insurer will make up the difference between that amount and the original invoice value. Sounds like good value to me.
    Dave R (h5djr)

windsurfer

Status
    Yeah! I will get it to my S3 as well... After all it's only Ł7 a month... I think I can not have 3 pints and sleep well at night...

Pedro

2nd Gear

Status
    Down in this part of the midlands, the local armed robbers can't get enough of S3's, and I fully expect some time over the next three years when I get mine to have my house screwed or get held up at traffic lights etc. If it doesn't happen it will be a bonus.

Gap insurance...I think so

5th Gear

Status
    Simple... diesels don't get stolen, 2.0T petrols do (inc S3)

For me i do believe it is a waste of money.

windsurfer

Status
    Do I notice a little something about fast petrols here....

Joking Steve

Pedro