Removing interior light

razputin

Reaction score
A3 2.0TDi Sport

Might sound like a silly question, but how do you remove the interior light to change the bulb?? The one in the roof i mean.

Tried applying a small screwdriver in the side of it but don't want to force it in, incase it breaks, which is usually what happens on me :-(

Does the whole panel come off, or just the clear plastic cover?

Cheers

Ray

Can't believe i got a reply so quick!!! Just gotta love this forum!!! :)

Much appreciated!!! Special thanks to Rich for the guide too.

Cheers lads!!

My problem i had, was that the front internal lights weren't working. Thought with the recent work I got done on my car (new radiator fan) it may have shorted out the fuse or bulbs.

Popped off the cover, checked the bulbs, they were both fine!!

Checked the fuse too, it was working fine. Checked if the power was getting up to the lights, doesn't seem to be.

Is there a fuse in the box under the bonnet i should be checking?

Any ideas would be helpful???

Trying to figure it out myself as the garage i got the recent work done in has such a long waiting list.

I picked up my A3 yesterday. no interior lights working in the front. I popped off cover and guess what, bulbs left behind in Germany

Is there a fuse in the box under the bonnet i should be checking?

There is a second fuse box under the bonnet with a further 30 fuses for cars with the 2.0TDI engine but it mainly covers engine related items.

As you look under the bonnet it's on the right-hand side between the battery and the outside edge of the car. Fuse number 25 and 26 in the fuse box under the bonnet both contain 30amp fuse related to the Lighting System so it may be worth a check.

The one at the end of the dash should cover the interior lights. On my Sportback the fuse that covers the interior lights and the reading lights in fuse 15, but it may well be worth checking all the fuses.

I picked up my A3 yesterday. no interior lights working in the front. I popped off cover and guess what, bulbs left behind in Germany

Did you car spent any time in the dealers showroom. The dealers quite often take the bulbs out of the interior lights to stop the battery running down whenever the door are opened. They may have forgotten to put them back!

Also I think the bulbs may well be removed for delivery for similar reasons.

Did you car spent any time in the dealers showroom. The dealers quite often take the bulbs out of the interior lights to stop the battery running down whenever the door are opened. They may have forgotten to put them back!

Also I think the bulbs may well be removed for delivery for similar reasons.

Probably for delivery as car ordered to spec.