Scuffs on interior plastic

mark88

Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for removing those scuffs you get on the drivers door and the back of the front seats were shoes often mark the plastic?

Is there some magic potion out there?

i used to use this turtle wax trim cleaner it was great it wud clean anything and it never dried leaving any sort of mark or stain like some detrgents (and even rain water) do - cant seem to get it anymore tho - as the bottle i had i bought about 5+ years ago and thats how long it lasted me

Either the Autoglym bumper or plastic/rubber cleaner does the job great. Can't remember which one, but its a dark green gel.

Covenant said:
Either the Autoglym bumper or plastic/rubber cleaner does the job great. Can't remember which one, but its a dark green gel.

Any idea what color the bottle is?

Covenant said:

its called autoglym bumpercare. its a white square bottle about 7" high. halfords sell it.

I use moist wipes not sure what make but they do them in halfords

silver75 said:
I use moist wipes not sure what make but they do them in halfords

Yes ok, but what do you use to get the scuffs off your interior plastic?

;-)

SteveS said:
its called autoglym bumpercare. its a white square bottle about 7" high. halfords sell it.

This stuff is also excellent if you need to get rid of those white polish marks on black plastic. Use it with a bit of sponge rather than a cloth for a good result. I use one of those green square sponges for dishes with the scourer bit on one side. Just make sure you don't use the scourer side! Also brings grubby tyres up a treat too, but without the horrid wet look and lasts for ages.

This may sound weird but for years ive used furniture polish Yes your standard pledge etc etc
Ok think about it! it repels dust, cleans....
For the dash board, radio etc i spray the cloth then give the surface a wipe. When i get scuff's on trim like mark88 i just spray directly then wipe.
IMO i dont like the "wet" look a lot of these products leave.
Oh and it doesnt cost anything cause you can nick it from the kitchen and nobody knows?????

mark88 said:
Any idea what color the bottle is?

As Steve says, white - all the Autoglym bottles come in white :p

Covenant said:

Used to use this on the plastic bumpers of a mk2 golf, and it worked a treat and lasts for a few weeks.