TDI Panel Filter

B

Boydie

From what ive been told the tdi's respond very well to an aftermarket panel filter

the likes of green, pipercross etc... (not K&N)

anyone fitted one to their tdi?

where did you get it?

how much?

i know awesomegti are selling them

thanks

I fitted a green panel filter to my first A3 2.0tdi, car had been remapped plus had full turbo back miltek, got mine from JBS in chesterfield @ £45 inc postage. I can't honestly say it made a massive difference but it did seem to aid breathability, had I had kept my last A3 I would have gone down the same route eventually.

sweet - i will look more into it!

did you see much difference from the miltek? i was going to go for one but didnt see the point in spending that money to gain 4-5bhp

The biggest difference from the miltek was the sound which was far better, deeper and more resonate. The car revs far more easily, I'd recommend the full system but shop around as massive differences inprice, cheapest I found was APS near Oxford at £525 fitted, average £600+. I was going to have one fitted to the S-line but then had to sell for a larger car, this would have been my 3rd as also had one on the Mk5 gti but that liberated far more power and sounded excellent.