Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2nd Gear

Status
    To all who are collecting thier new cars soon. Hope all goes well and enjoy, look forward to seeing some pics.

On the topic of index plates. The in thing in London is to park on yellow lines and put sticky tape over the front and rear plate, as well as the reg number on the road tax. This stops traffic warrdens giving out tickets.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

New S3

I'm getting mine in April , does anyone know if you still get a cup holder with the new concert III standard radio?
    2007 S3 - Phantom Black, Black/Crimson, Bose, Light & Rain, non smoke, flat tyre, flat bot/s-wheel, cruise, light pack, folding mirrors, luggage, storage, park sens, Phatnoise.....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Junky
    I disagree, exactly how am I harming anyone? Its perfectly readable. I recognise that there has to be a rule to stop people defacing their plates but any plod that stops someone for having two letters 2cm further to the left than 'regulation' needs their head seeing to. They should be knicking true criminals.
    The goverments plate recognition software doesn't like mis-spaced plates...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    The goverments plate recognition software doesn't like mis-spaced plates...
    That's just an added bonus
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    well its the rules - obey them or suffer the consequences
    Who are you? the terminator?

Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    we all have to follow the same rules so why are there a minority of people who think... oh i'm ok to break the rules its only a couple of cms... but there are valid reasons for having plates the size and spacing and typefaces they are in
    So you do everything the governement says to the letter do you? Never speed, never park on yellow lines, don't drink/drugs/smoke/fart in a public place? I obey the majority of the governments rules that I think are there for a reason, I don't blind follow, thats a dangerous habit IMO.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnet
    I'm getting mine in April , does anyone know if you still get a cup holder with the new concert III standard radio?
    No you don't, it's the coin tray instead as fitted on cars with the RNS-E.

I presume this now means no A3s come with dash-mounted cup holders.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

I called into my dealers today to sort out the finance side of the deal with the Business Manager rather than it all be a mad panic tomorrow.

He also spoke about the Audi Fixed-cost Maintenance and said that the price of this had come down recently. The offer we spoke about was for 3 years and cost 17.00 per month to cover all servicing with a further 3.00 per month to cover any parts or fair wear and tear, such as brake lining, batteries, exhaust etc.
    He also mentioned tyres for an extra 7.00 but I would rather stick to buying tyres at my local tyre depot that I have used for years and always get a good deal and excellent service

Is anyone else taking up this deal on their new A3 or does anyone have any particular views on.

Just as an aside - I called to the dealers some time ago on the same day as 'galewis' was collecting his new White A3 and the receptionist was wearing a white jumper. I commented about her being colour matched to the new car being collected. When I called in today she said, without any promting from me, 'Don't worry I will be colour matched to your new Silver car tomorrow, I think you'll like it'. So I'm now looking forward to tommorrow for two reasons!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    He also mentioned tyres for an extra 7.00 but I would rather stick to buying tyres at my local tyre depot that I have used for years and always get a good deal and excellent service
    I'd certainly be quids in as I'm going through a set of fronts every year,at a cost of approx 210 per pair (fitted).
    I bet you my house they'd throw their toys out of the pram and increase my monthly costs though.

My A4 was leased on a maintenance deal,but I didn't like the fact they told me which tyre shop to use,then the tyre shop told me they could only fit certain tyres.
    It got silly.
    I ended up with 4 different tyres on each wheel,even if they were the same actual brand.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Learning to fly 3D

Status
    I think these agreements work for some people, and not for others. I don't know how many miles I will do next year, some years I do 5K other 25K, so its don't work for me. But if you have fixed miles, then maybe.

I'd certainly be quids in as I'm going through a set of fronts every year,at a cost of approx 210 per pair (fitted).
    I bet you my house they'd throw their toys out of the pram and increase my monthly costs though.

My A4 was leased on a maintenance deal,but I didn't like the fact they told me which tyre shop to use,then the tyre shop told me they could only fit certain tyres.
    It got silly.
    I ended up with 4 different tyres on each wheel,even if they were the same actual brand.
    On my existing A3 I've only fitted 2 new tyres in the 36k miles from new, but I agree with you that I want to retain the decision about what tyres and when I change them and who fits them. My new Sportback has Michelin tyres fitted.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    Could I just go a little off topic here and say that Neil (Nelson_Wilbury) is going to burst before tomorrow so they'll be a brand new A3 up for grabs. I've had him on MSN for about a month telling me how many 'sleeps' he has to go.

Bless.

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

Well, to all who are collecting a brand new A3 tomorrow or Friday or Saturday, have a great time and enjoy your new toy!

I reckon a few people will not sleep too well tonight - me included.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yep - cant wait, get mine on Tuesday.

Insurance company have not sent the covernote yet to get it registered so I have had to quote from Audi insurance to get 7 days cover!

Russky
    Russky
    ----------
    54 A3 3.2 Sport
    07 2.0TFSI Sline Sportback on order!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Tuesday???!!

Meant Friday!!!!
    Russky
    ----------
    54 A3 3.2 Sport
    07 2.0TFSI Sline Sportback on order!

1st Gear

Status
    Well its not looking good for delivery today, I am sat at work, waiting for my management to get back... Hopefully I can leave a little early tonight, but I am not holding my breath.. if not will be sat
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

1st Gear

Status
    Nesxt week apparently! Very Stupid, the car is getting delivered to my local dealers in leeds (about 3miles from my house), they are then delivering it to my company HQ 250miles away, where I will drive down the rental car i have ( who will charge a penalty for dropping it off down there), and then drive my car 250miles back!!!!

Do they deliver it on a trailer btw?
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

1st Gear

Status
    Well I got mine yesterday and I am LOVING IT ..., Best Car I have owned.. so far lol
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

6th Gear

Status
    Ditto got mine yesterday am also loving it only thing missing is rubber mats and they are due next week seems there is a shortage.

Pics of car in my gallery.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

jamiekip
    Mine arrived in a lorry yesterday morning - loving it!
    Pics to follow...

1st Gear

Status
    Heres mine...

2008 VW Golf R32 3dr

DBP :: RNS510 :: Winter Pack :: Retrofit Cruise :: OEM LED Tail Lights :: R-line badges ::

6th Gear

Status
    All 2007 S Lines come with full leather if ordered from Nov 2006

Looks well in red
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    When I called in today she said, without any promting from me, 'Don't worry I will be colour matched to your new Silver car tomorrow, I think you'll like it'. So I'm now looking forward to tommorrow for two reasons!
    C'mon Dave... waiting for the follow up

When I arrived her colleague was on reception but Tracy appeared from one of the offices wearing a black jumper and trousers, a very large Silver belt and a silver top hat and cane. She also said she had some other silver items on but she was not going to show me! We all had a good laugh.
    Last edited by h5djr; 3rd March 2007 at 21:53.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Well if there isn't a Mrs DaveR we all know who'll be getting a run in the new car then... talking of which, how's you're 6th A3 - do you still get a new car buzz?

There is a Mrs DaveR and she was there as well. In fact she took a couple of photos at the time and was, of course, the first to get a ride in the new car.

Yes I still get a buzz when I'm collecting a new car even though I was 21 when I collected my first brand new car and I'm now 59 and my new Sportback was my 16th.

My new Sportback is great. A case of more of the same but 5-doors instead of 3 and with a few changes and extra 'goodies'. I will post a report/review in the next couple of days with some photos, assuming the weather stays dry long enough for me to give it a clean. I've only had it since Thursday and it filthy all ready.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Status
    Don;t forget to post pics up in the sticky thread at the top of page ladies and gents!
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12