EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Spacers and rubbing

While I am extremely pleased with the look of the H&R +15mm Spacers on the rear, I have noticed some rubbing on very bumpy/uneven roads, and when I had 3 people in the back.

Other than taking them off, what other things can I try to stop the rubbing?

Has anyone got the +10mm Spacers on the rear, is there any rubbing?

Cheers K

2. # ADS
    ADS

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    I've got 20mm rear and 15mm front on my 8L S3. Seems fine soo far but then again I do have 17" do u have 18"?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    What size wheels and tyres you got, and what is the offset of your alloys?

Also, tell the 3 people in the back to go on diets, or make them walk.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    hehe, they are 18's standard S3 rims, tyres are 225/40/zr18

I might try gettign some 10mm ones and see if that helps

6th Gear

Status
    Klauster I have 10mm on the rear of my S3 and there is no rubbing however no one been in the back yet!

I'm just waiting for my 15mm spacers to arrive and they are going on the back and the 10mm ones on the front.

I only ever have a max of 2 people in the back very rarely so hopefully I wont get any rubbing issues. Was it just when the rear of the car was full and not when it was empty?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    no, i am getting some rubbing even when i am the only person in the car. I have ordered some 10mm spacers for the back... have you ordered your 15mm yet?, cos if not you can have mine super cheap

although like I say they do rub on twisty, bumby roads when i push it alittle....

pm fella if you want them

6th Gear

Status
    Ordered them already mate!

If I get the rubbing then may have to put them on the front and keep the 10mm on the rear!!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    my 10mm spacers are here so swapping them over tomorrow