New BBS rims

mjepson

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go for either BBS CK or CH for my A3 this summer. The setup i will be going for is 8x19 ET44 with 215/35-19 tyres. This will be on eibach sportline (45-50mm) springs.

I need help deciding on CH's or CK...

CH

25_1.JPG

CH on an 8p

audia319inchbbsch030ir.jpg

audia319inchbbsch011qx.jpg

CK

5ba6_1.JPG

I'm eyeing these CK's on ebay.de atm which are "kugelpoliert" which means machine polished i think.

971e_3.JPG

9456_3.JPG

9145_3.JPG

sorry about the golf ;)

ba4c_3.JPG

ive CH's on the way 8x19" but et50 for my 8P

go to www.mstuning.co.uk and speak to Warren - he gave me an excellent price for wheels only on the CH's

pm me for more info :D

I think the et 44 will scrub pretty bad personally id go for the CH (iam) but i hve my eyes on a new style called CY im just waiting for a price

with 215/35-19 tyres it should rub to badly. if it does i'll get some KW coilovers

CK all the way CHs are lovely but getting slightly played out imo...

and the farrari 599 has the CKs on
Ferrari%20599%20GTB%20-%20250406%20(3).jpg

Ferrari-599.jpg

Boydie said:
235/35/r19 are the tyres to go for

why is that?

215 will stretch the tyre more inwards, which not only gives more space, but looks better.

The s-line rims and wheels that are on the car now are

7.5x17 225/45-17

Here are the differences in diameter and circumference for bigger tyres:

225/45 R17 634 mm 1992 mm 0 %

225/40 R18 637 mm 2001 mm 0.46 %

215/35 R19 633 mm 1989 mm -0.19 %
225/35 R19 640 mm 2011 mm 0.91 %
235/35 R19 647 mm 2033 mm 2.02 %

So 215/35 will be closest to my original setup.
This calculation does not take into affect what a wider rim will do to the tyre diameter. A tyre on a 7.5 inch rim would have to have a higher diameter than on an 8 or 8.5 inch rim... atleast thats what i think is logical.

The TUV approval states that the tyres must be either 225 or 235/35, but thats not going to stop me.

My old polo mk4 had 8x14 rims with 195/45-14 tyres, and they had a nice stretch, but since the 19 inch has 35 profile it is better to get 215. 235 would not look good imo and would show to much sidewall.

Still et 44 will stick out to far especially with 8.5'' wide wheels and will catch the outside arch especially if you lower it. I believe anything below 48 catches. Just received the price for the CY that i like and looks like its CHs for me lol

This is the CY by the way

A3simon said:
Still et 44 will stick out to far especially with 8.5'' wide wheels and will catch the outside arch especially if you lower it. I believe anything below 48 catches. Just received the price for the CY that i like and looks like its CHs for me lol

[URL="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j180/ZSimon/CY_2.jpg"][/URL]

I have OZ Ultraleggeras that are 19x8.5 with 44mm offset on a lowered suspension setup. They rarely rub, only if I have a heavy load or multiple passengers in my car. Some of the fender liner screws had to be removed or filed down a little bit.

A3simon said:

How much for a set of these babies? :hubbahubba:

CY looks awesome, I wonder if they would look good still on an A4 B5

Tommy1finger said:
I have OZ Ultraleggeras that are 19x8.5 with 44mm offset on a lowered suspension setup. They rarely rub, only if I have a heavy load or multiple passengers in my car. Some of the fender liner screws had to be removed or filed down a little bit.

8.5 without rubbing? sounds good. Is there any difference between a sportback (i see your from the US) and a normal 3 door model?

The CK's I'm thinking about are only 8x19 so should not be any problems with ET44

I found a sportback with the same CK rims i am looking at. I think it looks great!

CIMG4151.jpg

CIMG4154.jpg

CIMG4157.jpg

CIMG4164.jpg

CIMG4156.jpg

CIMG4158.jpg

CIMG4172.jpg

Nice comments ;)

I have just bought the CK's of ebay.de for 930 € so will post pics when they get on the car.

Well guys! Has anyone got a picture of an S3/A3 with the new CY fitted?

I wasn't planning to mod my car but those CY look stunning... It would be an upgrade from my 18' going to 19'..

Price seems reasonable, I just need a picture or two to make up my mind...

Also, my car being black, do you think those wheels are too dark?

Any opinions aprecciated...

Many thanks
Pedro

This is an artical that has been going around for a little while. If you Google you'll find lots of version. This one has been copied from

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

And translated using google :) But even with the slightly questionable translation it looks bad for BBS.

The autosupplier BBS automotive technology AG in scold oh (circle Rottweil), one of the prominent manufacturers of light alloy wheels, placed insolvency request. As reason for the inability to pay the enterprise indicated the way breaking of a bank on Tuesday. A catching solution failed. The technology leader with high-quality light alloy wheels had still briefly before communicated the change at the point of the supervisory board. The former minister of economics of Baden-Wuerttemberg Walter Döring should replace Hans Peter Hirner (71).

BBS had communicated in August 2006 that the enterprise had to accept a result depression because of aluminum prices snapped the strongly up. The additional tax result sagged in the first half-year on minus 3.8 million euro. For the whole year 2006 BBS had expected a conversion of 200 million euro. The conversion of the yearly 2005 was with 189.8 million euro. BBS employs approximately 1200 humans in the company.

“Although to the time of the filing of an application still promising negotiations were led to the re-establishment of the solvency of the enterprise, were the reason for the filing of an application that the society was come into serious liquidity difficulties and the end of the request period stood, was called after Paragraf 92 of the law on limited companies before the expiration” it in the report of BBS.

A solution for the re-establishment of the solvency appeared last, which should be carried by the big customers of the enterprise. The promise of the big customers to make the necessary liquidity available by larger Vorfälligkeitszahlungen it was also given. The conversion of the concept failed however at the night to Tuesday because of the resistance of one of the banks involved, although the society granted for the purpose of the continuation of the financing collateral to the financing banks. A catching solution under excluding the bank concerned did not come therefore no more to conditions. (German Press Agency/in accordance with)

I don't think BBS is in trouble... It might have changed ownership as some business do but it is supplier of F1, WRC, OEM to some manufacturers so if BBS is bust, other less well represented would have been long time ago...

Guys, don't forget to help me with CY pics in an A3 if you have!!

Pedro

The CY is brand new on the market and i reckon you will have a long wait if you order some. Cant imagine there being any pics at the minute

ive been waiting 3 weeks now for my BBS's

been told they were being made last week and should arrive this week - fingers crossed!

Boydie said:
ive been waiting 3 weeks now for my BBS's

been told they were being made last week and should arrive this week - fingers crossed!

Another advantage of buying used :)

Well rims arrived today from Germany, and they looked stunning. I called around for a good price on tyres and ended up paying about 500£ for a set of Dunlop SP Sport 901 215/35 R19.

The ride is not all that much different from my 17" 225/45 s-line rim setup, as long as you don't go offroad ofcourse :) I am very pleased, and was expecting a much worse ride. The tyres do make a little more noise, but nothing the stereo won't fix ;)

Is it common in all Audi's that the front is higher than the rear? Maybe it is just because the front wheels stick out more, and that gives the illusion of the rear being lower. Anyways the eibach sportline springs are going on...

I might put on some 10 or 15mm spacers in the rear to get the rim more out.

I'll take som better shots tomorrow with proper camera.

a3_bbsck (1).jpg

a3_bbsck (2).jpg

a3_bbsck (3).jpg

a3_bbsck (4).jpg

a3_bbsck (5).jpg

a3_bbsck (6).jpg

a3_bbsck (7).jpg

what size did you go for in the end and what offset and width?