Aftermarket bluetooth carkit

killbill

Reaction score
Has anybody experience of these, are there any recommendations, I have heard the Parrot 3200 LS is a good option, has anyone fitted this and do you have photos of the install.

Cheers

:)

I've got the nokia cark-1 kit fitted in mine and it has been fine.

I know eeef had the parrot kit fitted in his a3. He is still lingering on the site so he may raise his head!

J.

I had a Nokia 610 installed in my previous A3, which I transferred to my new one in January. Small screen mounted on the corner of dash to view text messages, phone book, etc., with audio relayed through radio speakers.

When I sold the old A3 I fitted a Parrot 3100 for the guy who bought the car. Very simple install. With Symphony Radio you can route the lead for the display through the channel under the head unit, file the top of the hazard light button\coin drawer surround to feed the wire through, and then velcro the display to the bottom of the Symphony. the 3100 sits just under the cassette insert. The 3200 is probably slightly taller, so would block off the cassette insert, but who uses cassettes these days anyway.

The parrot comes with the ISO leads to relay through the radio speakers, so there's no need to buy additional cables.

Personally I prefer the Nokia, but the parrot is a more straightforward installation, and probably a bit cheaper aswell. The difficulty with the 610 is it is specific to certain phones. It has since been superceded by the 616 which works with the majority of phones.

have seen the sony hcb one installed (the 600 I think). looks very good with the red colour, seperate controller and display and cheap too..

Parrott in my other car is awesome.

Yep - Fitted the Parrott CK3000 into my A3. Simply swapped it over from my old Alfa 156.

In both cars, it fully integrates into the standard fit audio system to pause the radio/cd and play through the car speakers.
(and in the Alfa with steering wheel audio controls, I could control the call volume too, but Audi don't provide that feature...)

Easy to fit, pull out the radio, fit the "speaker out" from the car kit into the Tel+ and Tel- on the radio, connect the Tel Mute to the radio too (there's a wiring diagram stuck on the radio too...). Then just run the live, ignition and earth feed to suitable connections on the fuse box - and its all done....

(well nearly, you also have to feed the microphone up the door pillar to wherever you want to stick it.....)

Does the parrot kit load the phonebook and call lists from the handset then? If so, and it works with a lot more handsets than the Audi kit, I wonder what they're doing differently. Symbian phones such as the Nokia N-series don't support the extended AT commands that the Audi system uses to retrieve this info so if the Parrot can do it with these phones there must be another way.

Thanks for your replies, looks like the Parrot is the way forward. Does anyone have any suggestions about the location of the display, photos would be useful. I have the double DIN Concert 3 stereo if this makes any difference.

Cheers

:detective2:

Got the Sony-Ericsson HCB-700 - I use 2 phones (work & own), and this kit is great for hopping between either quickly, with phonebook scrolling etc. Doesn't have to be S.E phones you use though.
My only gripe is I've got the rotary controller positioned above the lighter socket in my A3, and the amount of times i go for it to change volume or track on the CD player (thinking I've got MMI!!).....

killbill said:
Thanks for your replies, looks like the Parrot is the way forward. Does anyone have any suggestions about the location of the display, photos would be useful. I have the double DIN Concert 3 stereo if this makes any difference.

Cheers

:detective2:

Hi mate
I know a guy who fits these for local Audi dealers he did one for a S4 owner Silverfox42badger a little while ago, I got his number if you want??

parrot-far.jpg

Davidb67 said:
Got the Sony-Ericsson HCB-700 - I use 2 phones (work & own), and this kit is great for hopping between either quickly, with phonebook scrolling etc. Doesn't have to be S.E phones you use though.
My only gripe is I've got the rotary controller positioned above the lighter socket in my A3, and the amount of times i go for it to change volume or track on the CD player (thinking I've got MMI!!).....

thats the one I was thinking of, looks great installed with the LCD in red to match the audi colours. any pics of your install?

Great thanks for the advice and pics, I will work on this, do you recommend a professional install or would you risk a user fit on these ?

:faint:

Same as killbill, I think the Parrot 3100 looks like the way to go.

Do the instructions plus the Parrot website help make it simple?

Im looking into a bluetooth kit also.. would love to upgrade my rns-e unit but it works out quiet expensive to sort that option out....

I see halfords are selling and giving a free install on the Parrot CK3000-EVOLUTION anybody got this system or have any views on it ?????:icon_thumright:

Cheers

One more try on this thread...

Has anyone fitted (or had fitted) a Parrot 3100 in an A3 with Symphony II and BOSE?

Is it any different than a fit to a Symphony II without BOSE, and if so what extra needs to be done?

Yes I've got the original CK3000. It's like the Nokia system with just buttons to answer or close a call. No display and you can't load a phone book, but I just use it to receive calls when I'm driving and the neater buttons and lack of "aftermarket" display actually make it better for me.

I use an O2 XDA as my phone (and for my TomTom satnav too), so I just have the PDA on a magnetic windscreen mount and use that to make any outgoing calls using the normal phone "quickdial" numbers or directory.
(and with Fonix Voicedial installed on the XDA and mapped to one of the buttons, I just press one button on the XDA and speak the name of the person I want too, so that's works for me without the need for a separate display of the more expensive bluetooth kits...)

Anyone know who can retro-fit the audi blue tooth system in Hertfordshire - don't wish to seem fussy, but I have the MFSW, and don't want to let it go to waste. My local garage in Hitchin said they could do it, but for £755 plus VAT - was looking for a little cheaper than that! I know CraigyB could do it, but he is all the way up North, and with a five month old in the house, I do not think I will be getting away any day soon!

I recently had the Parrot 3200 installed in my A3. I use a Sony Ericsson w810i and, it works faultlessly. The installer had to fit a footwell speaker for it as, they reckoned they couldn't wire into the Symphony & Bose. Not sure if this was just the easy option for them though.

Thanks MarcQuinlivan - I had actually seen your post, and thought it a very good idea if I were competant at installing the system, but I have a horrible feeling that I would end up with lots of wires everywhere that seemed to have no use and a ruined radio console in my Audi, and the whole thing would end up costing a lot more just to get it fixed. I would rather someone else have the chance to B****R it up, at least then it would not be my fault, and I could pass blame

I've just upgraded my Nokia and Vodafone are giving me a Bury CV-9010 Comfort Bluetooth hands free kit. Any feedback? Looks a bit clunky but it's free...

Prompted by this thread I'm having the Parrot CK3100 fitted on Tuesday. £179 all in.

Big thanks to Marc too. I'll pass on the tip about how to feed the wires through.

Anyone know if the Concert II with Bose poses any problems? They said they might have to use an external speaker if it does but wouldn't charge me.

Meant to ask, where have you Parrot chaps got the mic positioned?

Hi All
just new in here and thought I would help out there is a bit more involved if you have a bose system to install a parrot unless you have the correct adapter leads Ive got one in my A3 I am an approved Parrot installer and we sell loads of these,they are one of the best kits around and if you are clever with a temperature controlled soldering iron you can purchase red LEDs and desolder the ones built into the parrot screen and replace them with red ones to match the Audi Dashboard lighting, this will of course void your parrot warranty.
There is also another kit just on the market called Bluetouch and its touch screen and you can read your messages and change the colour of the screen to match your dash. If anybody needs any help with there parrots give me a shout I will be more than pleased to help
cheers all

MarcQuinlivan said:
I can post some photos of a Nokia mic in the same location if you want to see it.

I wouldn't mind if it's not too much bother.

Techimike said:
Hi All
just new in here and thought I would help out there is a bit more involved if you have a bose system to install a parrot unless you have the correct adapter leads Ive got one in my A3

Hi Mike. Any chance you could expand on this? I have an '06 A3 with the Concert II and Bose and as you've probably read I'm getting the CK3100 installed tomorrow. I do have complete faith in the fitters (Autotek - Sheffield) but I don't think they've fitted one to a car with Bose before. They mentioned fitting an external speaker if they had problems, out of sight but obviously I'd like to avoid that.

sorry DM_Irish, hadn't seen your request for some pics:

vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

can highly recommend this kit, esp. if you're using 2 or more phones - eg work & private.

Thanks to all for recommending the Parrot :icon_thumright: A great little bit of kit, I'm really pleased with it.

In the end I had mine mounted just to the right of the centre console and the mic is up by the interior light. I'll put a pic up later when Photobucket is working again.

Great work by Autotek in Sheffield too.