Badger5JMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

Should I be worried?

We've got a new A3 2.0T S-Line - had it for about a week (the car is 3 months old).

Everything's been fine until last night when I went to pick up my other half from the shops. Had to sit there for a while, so I had the ignition on listening to the radio.

*Eventually*, she turned up (you know what girls are like) so I started the car and set off.

As I did so, it took a while for me to realise the steering was really heavy - as if there was no power assistance.

Just as it dawned on me that there was no power assistance, there was a beep and the DIS went red saying there was no oil pressure! Eeek!

Anyway, switched everything off, waited for 30 secs and restarted and everything was fine.

Has anybody had this before? Is it a 'feature'? Or should I be phoning the dealer already?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'd report it to the dealer, at least anything does go wrong you are covered.

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks Steve, might be an idea...

BTW checked the oil this morning and the levels were fine.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Low oil level does not mean the same as low oil pressure. It might have been a blip in the oil pump(makes me wonder if the power steering pump and oil pump are linked in some way). The fault code will be stored, and the dealer will see it appear on Vag-Com.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

VOIP Dude

Status
    If anything like that happened to my car (as it did with the engine management light) I would call Audi Assist and get their advice. Most of the time they tell you to get the car to safety (home) and they will send a patrol out. If he says you are good to go and it then blows up you are totally covered.
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurfuxake
    ....makes me wonder if the power steering pump and oil pump are linked in some way.....
    There is no power steering pump on the A3, as the system is entirely electrical. That is, the assistance to the steering rack is from an electric motor.

5th Gear

Status
    phew!

after reading the subject heading I was expecting some story about enjoying wearing womens lingerie