Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: RNS-E TV Option

1st Gear

Status

RNS-E TV Option

Hi , I did post this on the ICE Forum but had no replies.....

So what do you actually need to get digital tv working on the rns-e unit....? Adapters etc ???

Dietz 1417 and some kind of digital tuner ???? is there any tuner to use which is best for the rns-e and Dietz ????

Is it easy to install , would the unit still need to be unlocked to allow passengers to watch while driving ????

Cheers guys....
    Clive
    Last edited by cliveywolves; 20th February 2007 at 12:09.
    2007 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi (170) DPF, S-Line,DSG S-Tronic, Akoyo Silver, 18"Alloys Audi RS4 Design, RNS-E 2007 TMC, Rear Parking Sensors,Bose Sound System,6 CD Changer,Black Leather Sport Seats,Auto Folding Mirrors,Tyre Pressure Sys,+ More....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Clive, I reckon this would be best answered on http://www.navplus.us. I think Craigyb (aka S8Craig) has it fitted to his A8 W12 from his signature, so he might be able to help.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Status
    Good old navplus! There's not a lot you can't find from that site
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    I know! I've quoted it so many times now, people must be bored of me saying it. But for all things RNS-E related, it's unbeatable!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    I know! I've quoted it so many times now, people must be bored of me saying it. But for all things RNS-E related, it's unbeatable!

Its really good, especially if you want to retrofit. One thing I really cant find there though (or anywhere else) is a genuine review of the RNS-E compared to other sat navs. Or a video of the RNS-E and how it works. I really wanna see it in action before splurging out 2 G.s on a sat nav.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boyd
    I really wanna see it in action before splurging out 2 G.s on a sat nav.
    Or around 400 retrofitted!

Have a look round the web - I have seen a video of it in use, although it's not very long. Your best bet is to ask a dealer about it. The chances are they'll have a used car in stock with it fitted so you can have a play.

6th Gear

Status
    Or maybe see if there's someone on here with it who's not too far away from you and is prepared to show it to you. Whereabouts are you?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors