Someone please tell me why?

MattS

Reaction score
Some people have to key your car? Last week our A3 was keyed from one side of the bonnet to the other.

Check this out :-

19048.JPG

Totally annoyed as the bonnet had next to no chips on it anyway!!

Booked in at the Vauxhall dealer I have used for 14 years for a paint job, so happy it is being done and know it will be done absolutly right, the only thing I am worried about is the VX dealer I am using tends to paint things better than the factory!!!!

But at least it was localised to the bonnett!!

Not sure if you saw my other thread.

My car got keyed from front to back on BOTH sides whilke parked outside a hospital by school kids.:gun2:

The car goes in tomorrow to have 8 panels resprayed!! :bye:

What people gain from such a sensless act is beyond me, as they are not even around to see your reaction to the damage.
It isn't just 'posher' cars that get the treatment either......... my inlaws had their basic Mazda 2 keyed badly in a carpark in december.

I had my Fiesta RS keyed a long time ago, it just pi$$es me off that people do it. Personnally i'd like to find out where they live and return the favor.

Key damage is one of the worst acts of vandalism I can think of. If a potential thief breaks a window, at the very least they were trying to take something from the car and glass is easily replaced.

But keying is the lowest of the low; there is absolutely nothing gained at all. I doubt even jealousy comes into it either, more just because "it's something to do".

As Steve says, you just have to hope that one day they'll attack someone's car and get caught, hopefully meeting the painful end of a baseball bat.

Thats a bummer mate!

I had my sportback keyed the night I got it back from the repairs for another incident! Now it's going to have to go in again as I got rear shunted yesterday... Not bad 3 claims in 1 year! I think the car is cursed!

Hope this doesn't happen to you!!!!

H

Dont quite get the fascination with keying cars. Im only 24 so was a kid not to long ago an not exactly well behaved but damaging a car was always a big no no for my lot.

absolute sickener mate I'd be more than totally annoyed I'd be steaming
hope vauxhaul boys do good job and the scumbag that did that shi-s a hedgehog

i had a car aerosol painted all over once, in an area i didnt know so it wasnt even a revenge thing. luckily i'd only waxed it the day before so it eventually polished out. ********!
my mate had the complete exhaust system nicked off his cosworth last week while it was parked outside his house! shortly after his garage was done over, they took his ktm 640 and some cosworth parts too. makes you so mad you cant have anything nice without someone wrecking it for you! but its good to know the police are doing there job by nicking me for 33mph in a 30 - useless c*nts!

It really is unbelievable that some people get pleasure from this sort of thing. It makes my little incident seem a bit inconsequential. Some idiot that couldn't drive scraped my car and I suppose it can be classed as an accident but keying is just pure malice.

Many years ago I had a beautiful 1965 1200 VW Beetle Deluxe ('Deluxe' meant you got a petrol gauge :) ), Java Green and in lovely nick. It was my pride and joy. I got up one morning to go to work and at first glance I thought a flock of birds had crapped on it but it turned out I'd got the Nitromors treatment along with a couple of other cars on the road. I had to have a full respray and sold the car shortly after.

(DCV 645C I'd buy it back tomorrow if I knew where it was :) )

Feel for you Matt quite a bit of this going on at the moment. A few cars in the next road to me got done over the weekend. WTF do they get out of it..

Cheers for the support guys!! All should be done next week!!