AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Rear ended

Neutral

Status

Unhappy Rear ended

Travelling back from Bath when guy infront decided to turn right. I stopped. Guy behind in VW Transporter behind didn't! Not to say need new bumper and tailgate, my neck is decidedly stiff to! Off to docs tomo! This car has got to be the unluckiest car i have ever had. 3 claims in 18months!
    Black A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport with black Alcantara/Leather, silver roof rails, Symphony II & BOSE, heated seats, storage pack, lighting pack, PIAA chrome white lights and more...

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Bugger! Hope you're all OK. Still, claim compo, buy new car. Sorted. Unless it's a company car...
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by joost
    Bugger! Hope you're all OK. Still, claim compo, buy new car. Sorted. Unless it's a company car...
    Company car, so another repair! Anyone know of a decent audi repair around bristol/taunton area?
    Black A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport with black Alcantara/Leather, silver roof rails, Symphony II & BOSE, heated seats, storage pack, lighting pack, PIAA chrome white lights and more...

3rd Gear

Status
    Christ. I thought I was having a bad day. Sorry to hear it.

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1068
    Christ. I thought I was having a bad day. Sorry to hear it.
    Agreed. Not nice to read about more 8P body damage, as well as the real body damage - hope the neck is okay!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

5th Gear

Status
    Ooops at least it was not on the motorway!
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

S6 avant

Status
    funny that it was a vw transporter, ive got one. when we bought it new my dad ran into the back of someone in the wet, he said it just skidded like it was on ice and wouldnt stop! 6mths later some old duffer decided to stop and turn left with no warning in front of me - in the rain, could i stop it? could i hell, it locked up so easy and would not stop until it wrote off a rover 45. when i took it to be repaired vw were aware of the problem and said they all needed abs to cure it!
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

Neutral

Status
    That sucks, I am sorry to hear that. I got rearended three times in the summer of 2005. Twice in my VR6 GTI, once in the rental car while the GTI was getting repaired from getting rearended the first time. My neck and back is still kind of messed up because of it.

Beep-Beep!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS
    funny that it was a vw transporter, ive got one. when we bought it new my dad ran into the back of someone in the wet, he said it just skidded like it was on ice and wouldnt stop! 6mths later some old duffer decided to stop and turn left with no warning in front of me - in the rain, could i stop it? could i hell, it locked up so easy and would not stop until it wrote off a rover 45. when i took it to be repaired vw were aware of the problem and said they all needed abs to cure it!
    Is it a T5 transporter Steve? I all so have one. A SWB combi T30, never had any problem with braking just with acceleration. Wheel spin in 3rd but i think the problem is that all my tools sit over or behind the rear axle!

Neutral

Status
    Just thought i'd let you guy know that the car is now in the bodyshop getting sorted and I have a 1.9TDi Sptbk as a courtesy car... I can't believe the difference that 0.1 can have on an engine.. Sorry but the 1.9 is pants.... Plus it only has 5 gears! Glad I didn't go for one of those!!!!
    Back and neck are getting better after a week of pill popping!!

6th Gear

Status
    There was a thing on the news about VW sprinter vans a few months ago.
    Several fatal accidents had been caused when the things went out of control in the wet whilst braking.
    Faults were found in the rear brakes,where automatic load sensors weren't working properly,so even though the vans were empty the rear brakes thought the van was full,meaning the back overtook the front.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Beep-Beep!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    There was a thing on the news about VW sprinter vans a few months ago.
    Several fatal accidents had been caused when the things went out of control in the wet whilst braking.
    Faults were found in the rear brakes,where automatic load sensors weren't working properly,so even though the vans were empty the rear brakes thought the van was full,meaning the back overtook the front.
    I had a similar set-up on my old VW Caddy van. The problem on mine was that it would take a while to reset it self once you had emptied it leading to plenty of drifting as you braked into a corner

S6 avant

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scib4
    Is it a T5 transporter Steve? I all so have one. A SWB combi T30, never had any problem with braking just with acceleration. Wheel spin in 3rd but i think the problem is that all my tools sit over or behind the rear axle!
    no, a t4 mate. my dads got a t5 130 and they are much better.
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.