Rear ended

hburnett

Reaction score
Travelling back from Bath when guy infront decided to turn right. I stopped. Guy behind in VW Transporter behind didn't! Not to say need new bumper and tailgate, my neck is decidedly stiff to! Off to docs tomo! This car has got to be the unluckiest car i have ever had. 3 claims in 18months!

******! Hope you're all OK. Still, claim compo, buy new car. Sorted. Unless it's a company car...

joost said:
******! Hope you're all OK. Still, claim compo, buy new car. Sorted. Unless it's a company car...
Company car, so another repair! Anyone know of a decent audi repair around bristol/taunton area?

rich1068 said:
Christ. I thought I was having a bad day. Sorry to hear it.
Agreed. Not nice to read about more 8P body damage, as well as the real body damage - hope the neck is okay!

funny that it was a vw transporter, ive got one. when we bought it new my dad ran into the back of someone in the wet, he said it just skidded like it was on ice and wouldnt stop! 6mths later some old duffer decided to stop and turn left with no warning in front of me - in the rain, could i stop it? could i hell, it locked up so easy and would not stop until it wrote off a rover 45. when i took it to be repaired vw were aware of the problem and said they all needed abs to cure it!

That sucks, I am sorry to hear that. I got rearended three times in the summer of 2005. Twice in my VR6 GTI, once in the rental car while the GTI was getting repaired from getting rearended the first time. My neck and back is still kind of messed up because of it.

SteveS said:
funny that it was a vw transporter, ive got one. when we bought it new my dad ran into the back of someone in the wet, he said it just skidded like it was on ice and wouldnt stop! 6mths later some old duffer decided to stop and turn left with no warning in front of me - in the rain, could i stop it? could i hell, it locked up so easy and would not stop until it wrote off a rover 45. when i took it to be repaired vw were aware of the problem and said they all needed abs to cure it!

Is it a T5 transporter Steve? I all so have one. A SWB combi T30, never had any problem with braking just with acceleration. Wheel spin in 3rd but i think the problem is that all my tools sit over or behind the rear axle!

Just thought i'd let you guy know that the car is now in the bodyshop getting sorted and I have a 1.9TDi Sptbk as a courtesy car... I can't believe the difference that 0.1 can have on an engine.. Sorry but the 1.9 is pants.... Plus it only has 5 gears! Glad I didn't go for one of those!!!!
Back and neck are getting better after a week of pill popping!!

There was a thing on the news about VW sprinter vans a few months ago.
Several fatal accidents had been caused when the things went out of control in the wet whilst braking.
Faults were found in the rear brakes,where automatic load sensors weren't working properly,so even though the vans were empty the rear brakes thought the van was full,meaning the back overtook the front.

bowfer said:
There was a thing on the news about VW sprinter vans a few months ago.
Several fatal accidents had been caused when the things went out of control in the wet whilst braking.
Faults were found in the rear brakes,where automatic load sensors weren't working properly,so even though the vans were empty the rear brakes thought the van was full,meaning the back overtook the front.

I had a similar set-up on my old VW Caddy van. The problem on mine was that it would take a while to reset it self once you had emptied it leading to plenty of drifting as you braked into a corner :yes:

scib4 said:
Is it a T5 transporter Steve? I all so have one. A SWB combi T30, never had any problem with braking just with acceleration. Wheel spin in 3rd but i think the problem is that all my tools sit over or behind the rear axle!

no, a t4 mate. my dads got a t5 130 and they are much better.