Go on then whats it worth?

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Right almost to the point of getting shot of my A3.

What do you guys think it's worth?

March 2005/05

2.0Tdi S line Dsg in Black
40K miles

Bose
Xenons
Heated front seats
Arm rest
auto wipers
auto lights
storeage pack

Err I think thats the main options.

Will I get £14.5K for it on the second hand market? I'm guessing trade in will be around £14K

J.

I would say you are about on the money I'm getting 12.5K for my march 2004 A3 tdi 140 sport spec, bose, full leather ,front armrest,17ins star alloys,cruise,storage pack 39.5K miles.
Against new sportback tdi 170 S line high spec.

So I would say you are been quite realistic and should achieve £14.5K privatley

According to the Valuations section on the What Car web-site a 3dr A3 2.0TDI Sport is worth £12,795 in part exchange and £13,045 if you sell privately. But that price does not take into account any extras over the standard spec, so the DSG and the leather should add some value so you may get to the £14k mark.

I will be getting £12,600 trade-in on my 2004 (04) 3dr A3 2.0TDI SE DSG and 9% discount on my new 5dr A3 2.0TDI-170 SE DSG when i change on 1st March.

What are you thinking of changing to?

eek I don't want to see how much my golf is going to be worth then .... what are you changing it for ?

marriedblonde said:
I'm looking at getting a beamer

good man,
just be prepared for the runflats,a lot of people on bmwland are changing to normal tyres,and i think ill be doing the same come replacement time.

didn't auto express do a tyre review showing the differences between what a car designed to run on run flats stops in and what it would do on standard rubber... it didn't make very good reading if you parked up the a non run flat BM heading towards you ....

As for the change, don't expect a BM dealer to offer you much for the A3 you would be lucky to get 12k for it. I tried the 120d, nice car but you felt like you were sitting low but the engine was much better than the VAG diesel. The other deciding factor on BM ownership is I do have a problem with the image, I shouldn't but I do. The new 3 series is nice ... are you looking at the D3 by any chance ?

have you had one out for a test drive yet,i take it you'll take an internet price with you,for them to match.

If MB's going for the car I suspect he may be,he won't be bothered with the run flat tyres...

Tell me it's the Alpina D3 MB...go on...

If I can't have one,I'd like someone whose opinion I respect to own one.

cheers Bowfer but your opinion may change...

Well my situation has changed and I have decided to not go down the oil burner route this time round

SO my choice of replacement may come as a bit of a surprise... I'm acutally looking at the Z4 coupe 3.0 sport. In black with the champange interior.

Decided to have something a little more fun before I get to my midlife chrisis and just look like an old fool...

We have a family car and I never use mine to carry anyone apart form myself and my laptop. Sam's (my little boy) never been in it as the wifes B-Class is a lot more practical and safer to carry him around in. So I don't need a bigger car.

I've had a quick drive, got another longer one booked for this week and then if the numbers add (i.e. he offers the kinda deal I am looking for) up I'm going to borrow one for an extended test drive.

I know it's not everyones cup of tea but we are all different.

J.

marriedblonde said:
...I'm acutally looking at the Z4 coupe 3.0 sport....
Have you also considered the new tiTTy ?
You could get the 3.2 Quattro for about the same money.

mfspen said:
Have you also considered the new tiTTy ?
You could get the 3.2 Quattro for about the same money.

Yes and no. I prefer the interior to the TT but the looks of the cuope. {Plus I'm not sur eI would have another audi. It's been reliable and only needed a new CV boot and glove box cover but it is aging inside quite badly for a car that has only covered 40K

Am in the same situation, am wondering what to get next. I'm still doing 20k per annum but thats likely to change soon and instead of doing a 60 mile round trip to work will be doing 5.

Have considered all sorts of options from a Focus ST to a Volvo T5 to a 3 series BMW, took the 3.2 TT and and loved the drive.

Still not sure what to do decisions decisions !

Ach well MB,you go for it.
I'm looking at departing from my usual choice (sports saloons) too,because my ****** back means any low cars are killing me.
So it may have to be a 4x4 for me,for the ease of getting in/out.
Something along the new Freelander/RAV4/CRV route.
I'll probably curse the lack of performance/handling when my back is fine,but I'd be ****** glad of one right now I tell you...

Tell me though,is the B-class Merc any good and is the seating position any higher than the likes of an A3 ???

The new freelander looks nice, as is the Focus ST but you always drive it hard because of the noise it makes and the downside is fuel consumption

bowfer said:
Tell me though,is the B-class Merc any good and is the seating position any higher than the likes of an A3 ???

It's billiant, my parents are getting on a bit
(my old mans 70 and is suffering from arthritis) and have trouble getting in and out of my A3 but love the B-Class as you step up into it.

Obvioulsy it's not as fast as my A3 but it still nips on and with the optional sport pack the handling's quite good as well as the engine is set nice and low ni the front.

Really pleased with it.

J.

I've been looking at the Z4 coupe for a while :) but the current business plan has all my cash tied up for a while :(.
Flip side is though when we start making money, i might be able to afford a second hand Z4M :):):)