EM TuningAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

been to see new car

well been to see my new car at dealership this afternoon - was looking round it to check evrything was present and correct and noticed the outer mirrors didn't have the rubbery black surround on the glass as my old ones did (i think this was to do with the auto dimming feature and was a giveaway it had this) my new 07 model doesnt have this even tho i have still specced the auto dimming outer mirrors so have they changed the design slightly - anyone else got a recent A3 with this option who can confirm?

Or of course the other thing it could be is that it doesnt have this option fitted!!!!! in which case there will be some further negotiation!

steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have auto-dimming mirrors but no rubbery black surround. Think it must just be the way they are now??

5th Gear

Status
    efo changed then cos they had a black surround on my 05 MY A3.

Oh well thats good at least it has them and it hasnt been forgotten!

cheers!

iw ould post pics but dont know how to!

6th Gear

Status
    Depends what you call a black surround really.

There's no rubber on the edge of mine at all but you can see a darker border around the edge of the glass. When the glass dims, this border stays undimmed, if you see what I mean

The other giveaway is there's a faint line along the bottom edge of the glass.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    well my original ones literaly had a thick black rubber-like strip which surounded the actual glass - the new ones dont seem to have this - now they have faint black lines around the edge???

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Yup, no black rubber edge on my dimming door mirrors. As Vertigo1 says, the mirrors just have a darker border than the rest of the mirror glass.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

Steve

Glad to hear your new car has arrived at the dealers as well. Roll on 1st March.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3