Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

S Line or S Line Spec

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've been looking at car leasing websites and there seems to be a 2.0T quattro S Line and a 2.0T quattro S Line Spec which is slightly cheaper. Whats the difference ?

Thanks
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't quote me on this because I've had mine since June so that was the last time I was checking those sites but...

I think 'Spec' refers to Special Edition. When I ordered mine Audi were running the S-Line Special Edition, slightly cheaper than the S-Line but with full leather upholstery.

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    The Special Edition is now history, you can't order one any more.

The SE used to add full leather but the standard S-Line spec now includes this for £1800.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1068
    Don't quote me on this because I've had mine since June so that was the last time I was checking those sites but...

I think 'Spec' refers to Special Edition. When I ordered mine Audi were running the S-Line Special Edition, slightly cheaper than the S-Line but with full leather upholstery.
    This is correct - I was shoppping around in October and the special edition was on the lists. It's not available anymore, but I thnk the standard s-line is to the special edition specification now as vertigo said.
    Hope that makes sense!!!

Neutral

Status
    I just phoned Audi and the special edition is being marketed again for the 07 model. Apparently its a marketing ploy and is the standard s line with a few extras for less 's

jamiekip
    I wonder what the extra's will be this time round......
    Did they mention?

Neutral

Status
    TBH I did not ask I just wanted confirmation that it was an S-Line.

1st Gear

Status
    The latest round of S-Line Special edition is as follows :-

2.0 TD1170 Quatttro only with the new RS4 style 18" alloy, blue tooth and Exclusive two tone leather.

Full Vienna Leather on standard S-Line os £750.
    A3 S-Line Special Edition 2.0T Sportback - Brilliant Black - Symphany 2 - Heated Seats - Roof Rails - Armrest - Bluefin with 257.5BHP and 274lb/ft!!!
    Vauxhall Signum Elite 3.0 V6 CDTi with VXR Styling pack, 19's and loads more!!

jamiekip
    RS4 style alloys come on the s-line spec edition, but you still can't spec them on the S3.... what are Audi playing at!!!
    Some nice toys they are thrwing in... or is this a more money special edition???

1st Gear

Status
    The 170 TDiQ special edition that I looked at on Friday was just over £26K.
    A3 S-Line Special Edition 2.0T Sportback - Brilliant Black - Symphany 2 - Heated Seats - Roof Rails - Armrest - Bluefin with 257.5BHP and 274lb/ft!!!
    Vauxhall Signum Elite 3.0 V6 CDTi with VXR Styling pack, 19's and loads more!!