My S3 is on the boat!! Lugagge Pack??

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
Hello! Just had a phone from the stealer saying that my S3 is on the boat to the UK so mid March I should be driving it!!!

One question for you. I didnot specify the luggage pack when ordered and just know my interest in ski has just rised!! Can I retrofit the luggage pack, how can I carry my skis without roofrails and bars?

Pedro

The Luggage Pack consists of a large net that fixes to fittings in the boot and a 12v power socket in the boot.

Don't think it will help with carrying skis. The Through-Load System option is the one for skis - consists of a large bag type unit which goes from the boot through into the rear seat with a fold down centre arm-rest. It is listed as an option for the S3 but not sure how easy it would be to retro-fit.

Full description is: 'Through-load system - Holds skis and snowboards and can be removed for transporting long objects. Includes rear centre armrest with two cup holders' Option cost: £175.00

That's what I mean!!! I guess only a new back seat would do... so forget it I just have to fold my back seats if I want to take them, it is not a pain, but limits my passenger uptake... (that's not bad for fuel economy, though..) :)

Pedro

Retrofitting the through-load system will mean replacing the back seat, or at least the two-thirds of it that includes the centre section - that's going to be pricey!

It basically allows you to poke long things through the hole without folding down one side of the seats and losing passenger space.

Iv'e got the through load and there is not bag to put things in like h5djr said, the rear armrest falls down and basically its just a hole to stick things through!

Strange, because the option in the Price List and Specification Guide says it 'Holds skis and showboards and can be removed for transporting long objects'. It even shows a photo of the bag in use.

Click HERE to the page in the parts catalogue showing where it's stored.

Not sure if the bag is part of/supplied with the skis?

Just my through load is as described above?

Does anyone knows how long usually takes to get the car on the road as sson as it gets to the dealer?

I can't wait!

Pedro

It can take longer to sort the tax etc out that prepare the car. Maximum of a couple of hours to actually clean, PDI and fit plates etc.

Can anyone confirm then i should have a bag with my through load because I dont!

A pic would be good to see it in glorious technicolour...

if you click HERE you will find a copy of the latest Audi Pricing and Specification Guide for the A3 range. On page 43 is the description of the Through-Load System and there is a picture in the centre at the bottom of the page.

It's at the dealers!!!! Just got a phone from Audi... my car has arrived!

Because is a left hand drive they have to change the xenon headlamps to a UK spec one and I have to take it to an SVA test... no worries...

In 6 months going to take car to Portugal and switch the headlamps again.

Anyone will be interested in a UK spec Xenon headlamps with 6 month use?
give me a shout, they will be for sale...

And it's a SY07..... can't wait!!!

Pedro

You should get a seperate bag for your ski's / snowboard, unlike the cabriolet that has it built in.

Hope that helps.

That link with the pic does not seem to work for me?

It works OK from mine.

If you go into the Audi UK website at www.audi.co.uk, go to the A3 pages and click on Download Brochure you can get the same brochure from there.

Must be a problem with my computer as that I cant access the link from the Audi site!

Can anyone just post the pic direct from the site onto here so I can have a look please?