JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Retro fit Storage Nets

Hi Guy's

I wanted to fit the storage nets in the cabin of my car. I have a 3 door 04 2.0 tdi and there seems to be a lack of storage space. Having looked at others I notice that there are 'cargo' nets on the backs of the seats and on the 'transmission' tunnel. Can these be fitted cost effectively?

I have spoken to vagparts.com and they can supply the 'tunnel' nets on thier own, but the seat back ones come with the plastic back at 56 ish + gordon browns comission. Is there a cheaper way?

cheers

DK

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Have you tried eBay? All the retrofitted parts I've bought have come from there. The nets are probably not available often but it's worth checking from time to time - you might get lucky.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Top Gear

Status
    Lack of storage space? How much stuff do you keep in your car? I have the storage nets already fitted and have never used them.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko
    Lack of storage space? How much stuff do you keep in your car?
    I agree, however I use my car for work and I need to keep papers and other documents as well as maps etc, at hand when I am working from my car all day. I can't stand them sliding around and landing on the floor and as the small amount of storage there is, is mainly cubby holes (i.e. not big enough for A4 + size docs) I thought the nets at the back of the seats looked a great idea. However at 56+ VAT x 2, I'll live with it.

Also I dont want an annoying thing that hangs off the back of the headrest.