Help Wiper Motor needed

Audi77

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new front wiper motor as my current one has burnt out. Phoned several dealers and was told they have none in stock at any UK dealer and will need to order from Germany. After which I enquired when these would arrive and nearly died of shock when they said 30th March (I'm out of the warranty period hence the shock).

Does anyone know where else I could get the part to get my car back on the road sooner than March 30th or if I book the car in with a dealer would I be able to get a courtsey car even though I'm out of the warranty period.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Part number 8P2955119C

I heard that there are many of these early A3 8P wiper motors failing (including mine, but covered by warranty last month...) and Audi are replacing them free - whether they are in or out of warranty - as a goodwill gesture to save them getting loads of bad publicity.

Suggest you put your dealer under pressure and see what he can do for you....

Got mine off the back of an Audi Assist van, so there may be others around they could find if they need to ....

Thanks guys I think I've located one with VAG parts.

However, as this is a common problem with early 8P A3's how can I get Audi to take responsibilty for a defective part. When I phoned the dealer they mentioned my vechile had a recall notice for that part on there UK system but said they would have to double check on the German system which showed nothing hence they are unable to replace under a recall.

Does anybody know what they mean by UK and German systems or am I just being fobbed off.