Cold Start Issue......?

cliveywolves

Reaction score
Website
www.carinsurance4u.co.uk
Hi all...

Had my 2007 A3 Sportback about 1 month now....

But since we have had the very cold weather 9 times out of ten when i do a cold start, ie 1st thing in the morning i get a squel from the engine like a belt slipping or something it last for a few seconds untill the revs settle(excuse me im not technical) .... I have taken it back now twice to the Dealer and they say cant find anything wrong ????:think:

Am I being fussy or is it just because how cold the weather is i am getting this problem ??

Cheers..

prob being a bit fussy mate

also the car is new so give it time to run in - the cold wont help but it will get there!

I don't think you are being fussy, think of the inconvieniance if the belt fails .

if the squel sounds like a lose belt have a check on the engine belts for a shine, this is real evidence on a belt slip.

Chris

i used to get this with mine after i had wahed it - put it down to some water getting into the radiator and on the belts and makin them slip a little

I'm getting a helluva knocking from the back left when I start my car from cold.
Exhaust ??

It should not squeal at all - (not unless it's really a 10yr old Ford Transit where it appears as a standard feature:laugh: ). Sounds like the belt tension is a bit slack. Take it into the dealers.

southpaw66 said:
It should not squeal at all - (not unless it's really a 10yr old Ford Transit where it appears as a standard feature:laugh: ). Sounds like the belt tension is a bit slack. Take it into the dealers.

Thanks..

That what i thought as well,, it squels for a few secs then settles ok.. been back twice and they said they have adjusted it ?????? still did it this morning but not as much.....????

Mine is 1yr 11 months old and has done 8000 miles.

When I get out to open the garage door at home after my drive back from work I hear a chirping or squeak sound, not constant, just now and again.

Could this be a belt slipping and if so should they rectify under warranty.

if it gets damp it will squeak a little at first - simple. Theres nothing wrong with it if, a) it lasts for like a split second then goes and b) the audi dealer say the tension is correct. There is nothing else that can be done with it cos it sure as dammit wont be a worn belt (on a 1mth old car)

steve184 said:
if it gets damp it will squeak a little at first - simple. Theres nothing wrong with it if, a) it lasts for like a split second then goes and b) the audi dealer say the tension is correct. There is nothing else that can be done with it cos it sure as dammit wont be a worn belt (on a 1mth old car)

cheers mate...:icon_thumright:

they have adjusted the the belt the 2nd time in went in and it was better this morning lasted a second or so........