a3 3.2 V6 Quatro DSG box

Glenny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am just about to buy a 53 plate A3 3.2 V6 Quatro with the DSG box.
Any info on this would be good.
Handling, Things to look out for, Perfoamnce.??
Is it any good..???

Thanks ya all.....

Glenny

Never driven a 3.2 with DSG,but good luck with the gearbox...
You'll either love it or loathe it.

Handling depends what car your coming from. I had a Civic Type-R prior which handles much better that the A3, but dosn't have the 4wd and level of in gear acceraltion from low down the rev range.

Performance is good will drink fuel like its out of fashion if you drive hard everywhere. Managing 26 mpg around town in my 3.2 manual.

Kris

As Bowfer says, you'll either love it or loathe it. I loved the DSG instantly and still do, despite a few foibles - which have been posted on here often enough to find if you try hard enough, or else ask Bowfer if you don't mind really being put off :)

Maybe it's better when matched with the 3.2 - it certainly works for me. Enjoy it, but be prepared for some nasty MPG figures in a 3.2.

My biggest downside with the 3.2 apart from the economy is that it is definitely nose-heavy, so if you're used to chucking something fast, light and nifty such as a 306 GTi around sharp corners then you won't get that same feeling. It's far better in other ways though - horses for courses, as they say.

Surely you should just make sure of having a good long test drive? And then another. And another. Until you're certain.

I tried a DSG but could not get on with the manual gear selection as it is the wrong way round ie. pull back for down. Should be push for down. The flappy paddle bit on the wheel was ok. Love the 3.2 V6 engine, mpg is about 28 -30 on a run never had a car that bettered 22mpg before. OK the handling is not as sharp as the 2.0L but really only shows up when pressing on hard.