Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Sony K800i and bluetooth car kit

I currently have a Nokia N73 and paired to the Audi bluetooth car kit the sim contact details dont show up on the RNS-E or DIS.

If I use my spare mobile ( a nokia 6230i ) the sim details show up fine.

So if I buy a new Sony K800i will this work like the 6230i ??

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I have a K800i and it works fine with BT.
    Ben.
    '05 A3 3.2 MT6 /// KW Variant III - GenII Haldex Performance Part - H&R sways - TST Stressbrace - VF-Engineering full mounts - 17lb 8x18 Neuspeed forged wheels - CG Lock - Ross Tech

HPA FT450 turbo installed, with world's best Torsen front diff: www.peloquins.com

Every day's a track day ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Do you get the contact details showing up on the DIS

Neutral

Status
    s8craig pointed out a few weeks ago that Nokia Symbian OS doesn't recognise Audi AT commands. My 6230 works fine. Not sure about Sony phones, sorry.
    A3 Sportback TDI 170 Quattro, heated leather, RNS-E, GSM prep, BOSE, Open-Sky, etc.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beerglass
    Do you get the contact details showing up on the DIS
    Yes you do. The only issue I have had with the phone is that there are some number(not sure if it because they are prefixed witth +44 in my phone) that if they are in the recent call list will stop the phone from staying paired. I have a routine now where before driving the car I just clear the list from the phone. My Mrs doesnt have any problems of the sort with her K800i with the same firmware but she doesnt thave any +44 numbers.

It could also/instead be the way the contacts are stored i.e. work, home, mobile etc. I dont know which it is and have never bothered to find out as it doesnt bother me that much.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.