Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: engine mount

Reverse Gear

Status

engine mount

Just had the AA out only for them to say the engine mounting on the drivers side loks as if its come away from the engine, car out of warrenty due to millage 2004 66000 miles anyone had this happen to them and whats this gonna cost me.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    ... a fortune probably! they will prob have to take the engine out i guess to sort this - at 95 an hour that aint cheap!

6th Gear

Status
    Depending on which engine it is you might be able to lift one side of the engine up and replace it, i don't think it will be a full engine out job unless room is very tight in the engine bay.

does sound too good, has the rubber gone or the actual casting on the engine mount?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3
    has the rubber gone or the actual casting on the engine mount?
    Yeah I'd like to know what happened too! Engine mounts these days are usually damped, but they are such an integral part of a car's structure that they shouldn't simply break. Very strange.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just had a look at the service documents and last april it had a full service including a cambelt change, so either they didnt replace the bolts properly or its a manifacturs fault, Oh the mount has snapped in half. its the part that is bolted onto the engine the side by the cambelt, looks like the bolts have com out or something.thing is its was on 60000 when they did the cambelt and service and its only on 64000 now so its not had that much use nut just out of warrenty

Top Gear

Status
    Which engine does this concern?
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjones333
    Just had a look at the service documents and last april it had a full service including a cambelt change, so either they didnt replace the bolts properly or its a manifacturs fault, Oh the mount has snapped in half. its the part that is bolted onto the engine the side by the cambelt, looks like the bolts have com out or something.thing is its was on 60000 when they did the cambelt and service and its only on 64000 now so its not had that much use nut just out of warrenty

As you are only just out of warranty, I wouls contact Audi customer services, I had a similar issue with a bad oil leak about a month after a service, again just out of warranty. I suspected that the work which had been done to my car recently might have contributed to the leak so I emailed customer services and as a goodwill jesture they agreed to rectify the problem - worth a try in your case.