Door drop/sagg?

Mikey

Reaction score
Only had my car 1 week from new and it looks like my drivers door is sagging/dropping very slighty, ie not lineing up with the rear side strip. Looks to be appx 1mm or 2mm out, doesnt sound much but does look quite untidy. Also noticed that when i shut the door it doesnt sound as "meaty" as it possibly should do, sounds complety different to how the passenger door shuts which has a nice solid thud shut to it, if you know what i mean? Can anyone shed any light on this?

My door got caught in the wind a few weeks back.
No visible sign of it being out of line or anything,but it also doesn't shut with the same noise as it used to either.
It could be a figment of my imagination,but I'm sure there's more wind noise than before too.
I can't be ***** getting it fixed,but I would if there were a visible problem with shutlines.

i called in at my local dealers. I was asking about some rear floor mats and at the same time i spoke to the guy in parts and he took a look at my door. He admitted it didnt look quite right and that it looks like my door has dropped. Their bodywork guy wasnt in today to take a quick look there n then but told me to call in next week when hes in. Its only very very slighty dropped, but it just really hacks me off coz i know its not 100% right. Most people would just shrugg it off and not bother, the rest wouldnt even notice!

that happen to a golf i had when new, top rear corner of door actually scraped the paint off the door frame, dealer fixed it and repaired paint work, It was at the time the first 3 door mk4 in area, so dealer was actually more concerned about how many more he was going to get like it than keeping me happy.

VW have a special tool for adjusting the door back up again. It is a bit brutal but it does the trick. I have a Mk IV golf that started to scrape the paint off the top of the passenger door. One go with the tool when the car was in for some work had it fixed. I am sure Audi have the same sort of tool.

prt

Well i went into Audi again to see their bodywork guy, just to be told ive got to take the car to their approved bodyshop. Why couldnt they tell me this the 1st time i went, rather then telling me to come back a few days later? So anyway, I made my way over to Macclesfield motor bodies and had a guy look at the door. He reckons thats the way its actaully been built at the factory and its not happened since. He's probably right becuase when the car came into the dealers i went down to have a look and i took a photo of my car. I never noticed at the time about the door, but now looking back at the photos the door was about 1-2mm down then. Anyway, he didnt want to mess around with taking the hinges off a brand new car so hes suggessted having a play around with the door striker. Hopefully they are going to do this next week. I would do it myself as its very easy, but if i did that and it didnt resolve the issue Audi can then use that against me if i need to take matters further.

Im not really happy with Links Macclesfield attitude over this, all they keep telling me is "take it back to where you bought the car for them to sort it". Thats all very well, but i bought the car about 50 miles from me, and i simply dont have the time to treck 50 miles during the week when i have to work, and i cant do weekends as im allways away, and i was told by Audi UK themselves that any work on the car can be done at ANY Audi dealership. Links Macclesfield is very handy for me as its 5 mins from work.

First - lets hope its something simple and will be no problem to fix.

If you are looking to reject the car because of this then your contract is with the dealer you purchased the car from, so you need to take it back to them. Make your intensions clear and give them the chance to repair. Keep a diary of all visits / phone calls and the outcome to all parties (including the other dealer). I have rejected 3 cars in my car purchasing history, its not easy but it can be done, one took 10 months.

Chris.

After being mucked around by Audi over somthing so minor, I got it fixed, took matters into my own hands, and got my bodyshop mate to fettle with it. In the end all it was, was the striker plate had to be adjusted a very very tiny amount. Door is now lined up perfectly, and when i shut the door it sounds as it should rather than rattly like it did before. Took all of 45 seconds to do. Audi Macclesfield are jokers.