Volks AutosBadger5

Thread: Question or 2

Reverse Gear

Status

Question or 2

How we doing
    I looking at fitting the six disk changer in the din slot in the glovebox, have seen a changer for sale and i'm wondering if anyone has done this or info how to.

Also anyone bought a new uncut key fob from ebay if yes how easy to get them cut and programmed

Any help would be great
    finn

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi,What model of CD changer is it? I had a sony 6 disk fitted to my A4 glove compartment, but I'm nearly sure the space in the A3 is smaller - if its the sony model I can check the exact dimensions for you.

With regards the key fob, you should be able to get it cut, but I dont think it can be programmed. I tried this with my local Audi dealer and after trying for 1/2 hour they eventually said it couldn't be done, but still charged 1/2 hour labour. The cut key will open the car but you wont be able to start it without buying a new transponder through the dealer and I believe the cost is about £70+VAT. I would say dont waste your money, because you wont be able to get it to work.

Neutral

Status
    hi,R2 FNY
    you will not be able to fit just the 6 disk CD changer in this glovbox ,you will need a new glove box,also the airbag switch is in a slightly different position in the 2 gloveboxes, the one with the 6 disk CD fitted at factory is at the right of the cd changer and the one without the CD changer is on the left of the slot where the Changer should be,you might be able to adapt the glovebox or look at a breakers for the right glovebox
    Regards,
    Andy

Neutral

Status
    Your other option is to mount the changer in the boot, I previously had a 6 disc changer mounted in the boot of a Golf.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for all that spoke to audi about the key fob and they said not to bother with it either some work some dont. As for the cd changer i'm leaving that and getting the ipod connection fitted, 140 fitted from my local audi.
    cheers for the reply lads was very very helpful

finn