JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Parking Sensors - Audible Alert Volume

Is there any way of increasing the volume of the audible alert when using the reverse parking sensors, or automatically decreasing the volume of the stereo when selecting reverse gear?

I listen to my car stereo quite loud and I cant easily hear the audible warnings over the music. My other car, a Citroen C4 Coupe, automatically reduces the volume of the stereo whilst the sensors are working.

Anyone with a solution?
    Audi A3 Sportback Ibis White TDI170 S-Line - RNS-E - BOSE - Leather - Xenons - Auto Lights and Wipers - Interior Light Pack - Parking Sensors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Turn it down yourself!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Hi , you can increase the volume of the parking sensors be going into the menu settings on your DIS , you can pick a volume level between 1-5...

Neutral

Status
    Hi,you say that you can do this via the DIS do you have any instructions on how you complete this, i have looked at the manual you get with the car and can find no mention of this.
    Regards
    Andy

4th Gear

Status
    Never noticed that on my DIS !
    Sportback

Neutral

Status
    Are you sure your'e not getting confused with the pitch of the audible alert? This setting can be accessed via DIS with a range of 1 to 5 as you say, but it just alters the pitch of the warning tone, not the actual volume.

I must say though, that I did change the pitch to something higher, which did help a little. Maybe there's a VAG.COM adjustment?
    Audi A3 Sportback Ibis White TDI170 S-Line - RNS-E - BOSE - Leather - Xenons - Auto Lights and Wipers - Interior Light Pack - Parking Sensors

1st Gear

Status
    No mine has volume and frequency I think - two distinct settings anyway
    A3 Sportback 170TDI quattro S-line
    Lava Grey, SymphonyII, BOSE, Light and Rain Sensor Pack, I-POD connection , MF Steering Wheel, Rear Parking Sensors.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi,,, I def got two settings for parking aid in my DIS.... Volume and Frequency i think they are....... I have a 2007 Model ...

6th Gear

Status
    I have volume and frequency too, may be a 2007 thing....
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Neutral

Status
    Apologies.... there are indeed two settings; One for volume and one for frequency.

However, mine was already on a volume of 5, and so I can't turn it up any further. Guess I must have my music on too loud. I must admit, I do like the way the Citroen C4 auto mutes (well almost mutes, not quite, you can still hear the music) the stereo when the parking sensors are firing.