AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 parking sensors - should it still work with a disconnected sensor?

Heres a quick question

My car was in the local Audi garage yesterday for errors on the parking sensors - this was diagnosed as a failed rear left sensor which was then disconnected whilst waiting for a replacement. The system then appeared to work fine yesterday afternoon with the remaining 3 sensors.

However this morning it is back to a single long continuous tone when I engage reverse - is this correct or has another sensor failed? The Audi garage seem confused!
    Gone: '05 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line Quattro, SFG, Phantom black, xenon, leather

Current: '58 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line Quattro, Phantom Black, Full Leather, Xenon plus, Front and rear parking sensors, interior light pack, lumber support, MFSW, folding mirrors, light and rain pack, Tyre pressure monitor.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Learning to fly 3D

Status
    Did the sensor have a snow covering ???

The truth is until some checks with VAGCOM no one will know. So until the parts come in it looks like you will have to stop reversing by ear

Chris..

PS I love my park sensors too.

Reverse Gear

Status

Parking sensors

I live in Manchester - its not snowing here, the car wasn't even covered in frost!
    Gone: '05 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line Quattro, SFG, Phantom black, xenon, leather

Current: '58 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line Quattro, Phantom Black, Full Leather, Xenon plus, Front and rear parking sensors, interior light pack, lumber support, MFSW, folding mirrors, light and rain pack, Tyre pressure monitor.

1st Gear

Status
    Mine too, for the last few weeks randomly when put in R get a continuous reversing tone not the single beep, must get to the dealers.

6th Gear

Status
    I thought my parking sensors were acting up this morning - a constant beep when I knew I was nowhere near the wall. Turned out to be pigeons too thick to fly away...