S3 Sportback ?

Millduu

Reaction score
Got the bumper on now,it's all coming together.Old bumper complete is in the forsale section.

Audi006.jpg

Audi007.jpg

Audi011.jpg

Enjoy.:arco:

Love that front bumper Millsy, Look a lot better though with Yogi in the back
Cuckoo & Nic :blackrs4: :jester:

Sorry but I'm baffled as to why you're trying to make your car look like something it's not.

nothing wrong with that as long as you dont go round parading that its a 5dr S3

id take off the badge for a start and stick the s-line one back on or leave it bare!

i had a 172 clio sport kit on my clio deisel lol - i didnt get any grief at all from the clio nuts because i didnt advertise it as a sport!

rickparmar said:
you got before and after pic ?
They're both on page six of the "Post pics of your A3 (8P) !" post: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21390&page=6
before is at the top, and after is further down the page

Boydie said:
id take off the badge for a start and stick the s-line one back on or leave it bare!
I'd agree with that comment, as people in the know will know what it is\isn't. By the way, what have you done with the badges on the rear? the after pics don't show the back of the car.

Yeah,there's something about that spoiler doesn't look 'right'.
Probably,as Boydie mentions,the fact that it's deeper than the rest of the bodywork,so it looks like the car has a goatee beard or a Jimmy Hill chin.
Extending the line using skirts would probably help,although the wheels don't float my boat,sorry.

I have to say, the car does look very good. And it can't have been cheap buying a complete new S3 bumper, grill, spraying etc etc.

Personally, I'm not that keen either on dressing a car up to look like a model that it is not. But it seems half way there already. S-Line - has most of the interior bits of the new S3, give or take a couple. Silver mirrors, an S-car trade mark, RS4 reps. But I can't deny, it does look good. So good on yer for the effort, time and money spent.

About those RS4 reps...they don't look as dished/bowled as the ones that were fitted to that black german S3, which someone posted a few days ago.

Would like to see rear pics too.

AL

there was a black s3 bumper for sale on ebay for £130 complete

not that expensive for a brand new bumper - think it was slightly damaged during delivery - more or less just a scratch!

painting wouldnt have cost more than £80-£100

fitting - do it yourself - free!

Ah well you can't please everybody.I left the badges on because theres that many people who don't know that they didn't make an S3 sportback,and it confuses the f### out of em.
I arn't on for look-a-likes but if audi made an S3 sportback I would have bought one,but this was the best compromise for future modding.
I'm happy with it and it's a bit more individual than any other s-line sportbacks.
The bumper complete with grille/fogs/covers was £420 ish then £100 for paint.
It fits straight on barring modding the alloy bumper carrier.
Anyway you pay your money and make your choice,I like it and them that don't -your choice.
:nyah: :nyah:

Well I'm a fan Millduu - think it looks fab with the matching mirrors and roof rails.

Just need the S3 running gear next ... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickparmar
you got before and after pic ?

They're both on page six of the "Post pics of your A3 (8P) !" post: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...t=21390&page=6
before is at the top, and after is further down the page

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickparmar

I'd agree with that comment, as people in the know will know what it is\isn't. By the way, what have you done with the badges on the rear? the after pics don't show the back of the car.

HEY I DIDNT SAY THE SECOND QUOTE, why is my name in there :(

ive seen it in the flesh and it looks the poodles noodles,,,,,,,,,,,,, vertigo1 , why not make something appear different to what it actually is, i do it with the missus and it works great for me :thumbsup:

I've no problem with making your car stand out from the crowd but this looks more like an attempt to make the car appear to be an S3 and I really don't see the point.

Of course if that's what floats your boat then it's not my place to disagree, each to their own. I just don't see the point tbh :)

M11DUU, I think it looks the ******** mate, well done you for trying it! I'd been wondering about doing it myself. Just needs the sideskirts.
Just to upset the purists (just kidding!) how about the chrome around the windows like on an RS4 - is that available?

Although I think it does look very good, it is not something I would do to my sportback.

The one S3 bit that I would love to have is the flat bottom steering wheel. That look soooo much better than the standard affair. Would it be possible to get that aftermarket? Also would the MF controls work? I don't have the multi-function steering wheel at the moment. I am hoping it is just a matter of vag-com.

@Millduu, very very nice mate. It was a toss up between a sportback and a GTi for me recently. Went for the Golf in the end, but, if I'd gone the audi route, I'd have probably done it exactly like you. Well done.
As for making it appear something its not, Audi don't make an S3 sportback. So how (or rather what) do some people think you are trying to replicate ? An S3 hatch ? Looking at what you've done, I'd say Audi take note.
BTW, hasn't it already got the same running gear as the S3 ? Bigger turbo and you'd be the same spec as a std S3 ? I seem to remember seeing a pic of the rear on TSN ? It is a 2.0t quattro is it ?

Chris.

Another Fan here. As youve said - its what you like that counts.

I agree with the sideskirts comments though, would finish of the look.

I know that it's a non-standard Audi, and can understand the differences in opinion over this but i reckon if Audi offered the bumper and wheels as an option everyone would be going for it! (Including me)

specialroy said:
I know that it's a non-standard Audi, and can understand the differences in opinion over this but i reckon if Audi offered the bumper and wheels as an option everyone would be going for it! (Including me)
When the A3 is a due a face lift they probably will ALA A4...

Your all making me feel better now :icon_thumright: .

It's a 2.0t S-Line special edition.Will have to look into the sideskirts.

cheers guys.

I like it, looks good. In fact I like it so much I ordered one last night. :friends:

I'm not putting the S3 Grill on however, just leaving the S-line on as there are no S3s in Canada. I just like how it looks.

You said there were some modding required on the bumper frame, can you be a little bit more specific on that? Just want to know what I'll need to do. Thanks.

Millduu, can you verify that if your old S-line grill is will fit the S3 bumper? Or if the S-line and S3 grill has the same dimension? Thanks.

The s-line grille will not fit the S3 bumper,the grille on the s-line fastens to the bumper by push clips,where as the S3 one fastens with about 10 screws to the bumper.Didn't measure it so i don't know if they're the same dimension anyway.
The original alloy bumper carrier is too deep,so you need to trim about 15-20mm from the lower edge of it,this is just excess alloy-not into the reinforcing of the carrier.Or you could always order an S3 carrier.

Your car looks great, well done.

It's a pity that Audi don't offer an S3 Sportback though.

Millduu said:
The s-line grille will not fit the S3 bumper,the grille on the s-line fastens to the bumper by push clips,where as the S3 one fastens with about 10 screws to the bumper.Didn't measure it so i don't know if they're the same dimension anyway.
The original alloy bumper carrier is too deep,so you need to trim about 15-20mm from the lower edge of it,this is just excess alloy-not into the reinforcing of the carrier.Or you could always order an S3 carrier.

Thanks for the info. If you have time, do you think you can measure the S-line and S3 grille? A few of us are interested in the bumper, but not sure if our current grille will fit with some minor mod. Thanks.

Can I ask what rim width and offset the 19's are you are using, also what sized tyre are you using.

I am looking at possibilities for mine, and as I have 225 40 18" tyres, 225 35 19 are actually closer than 235's.