Which report - baby seats

marriedblonde

Reaction score
There was talk about baby seats and the A3 on here a while ago.

someone mentioned the which report on them, anyone got a copy?

I know you can sign upto the web site tro get 30 days free entry but I am loathed to do so.

Thanks in advance,

J.

Hi MarriedBlonde

We signed up for the free trial last time to find the best seat, but to be honest the information was not that good.

It is a nightmare for a parent to purchase a bady seat, you want the best for your child but don't know enough to make the choice.

The best source of infomation we found was the German ADAC reports (which are no problem to surf if your wife is German) and at the time the Britax ISOFIX Duo Plus was head a sholders above the rest in all tests for a Group 1+ seat.

We also loved our Group 0 Britax ISOFIX seat, the ability to click and go, and know your baby is safe was fantastic.

The only other recomendation I can give is look at the euro ncap results for the A3, because Audi will specify which seat they should use, you can then see the performance of the seat in the tests, and ncaps comments.

Fingers crossed you will never need the safety aspects of the seat, and the colour will be the hardest choice.

Chris.

Remember correct installation is as important,if not more important,than the seat itself.
Whatever you go for MB,do yourself a favour and go for one that can use those 'click-on/off' bases (Graco made ours).
You won't believe how easy they are to use.
Real back savers !
It's also easier to keep them taut,as you're not constantly fastening and unfastening the seatbelts.
They just stay tight in the car,with the seat clicking on and off.

I can recommend the Recaro Start for 9 months up to 12 years. So easy to use.

Both my two boys use them and love them to bits.

Check out recaro.com

ISO fix has limits and is not the safest.

I've been interested in this subject for a while (junior is due in July) - the one I prefer at the moment is the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with Easyfix (ISOFIX) base but if anybody has got any other recommedations I would be glad to hear them

Love my ISOFIX Britax 0+, was very secure in every car that we fitted it to, and very easy a quick to use and was easy to insure that it was fitted to the car correctly. It gets my thumbs up.

Chris.

MB

It was me who mentioned the Which Report.

I'll see if I can scan in and then email (won't be today though I'm afraid as already at work and mag is at home) if anyone is interested. It's by no means a definitive guide and there are various other reviews out there but at least it provides some comparison and highlights the relative positives of each one which you can then investigate further.

We bought the Maxi Cosi Cabrio Easy Fix, and find it excellent with the optional Isofix base. The fact that the Which report recommended it too was a bit of a bonus though as we had already bought it.

Rob

Thanks for all the responses guys, yes please Rob, I wouldn;t mind having a read.

I've got a little while until the little fella has out grown his first seat, it's good until 13kgs and he's about 9kgs at the moment. Just want to have a look at whats available so I'm not rushed into making a decision.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Thanks for all the responses guys, yes please Rob, I wouldn;t mind having a read.

I've got a little while until the little fella has out grown his first seat, it's good until 13kgs and he's about 9kgs at the moment. Just want to have a look at whats available so I'm not rushed into making a decision.

J.

I know you're supposed to go by weight,but it's not practical sometimes.
Our daughter has always been very light,but if she's too 'big' for the seat,she's too big for the seat !
In fact,at nearly 4 years old,she's only 13.6 kgs now !

RobB said:
We bought the Maxi Cosi Cabrio Easy Fix, and find it excellent with the optional Isofix base. The fact that the Which report recommended it too was a bit of a bonus though as we had already bought it.
Same here - and five months in, we're dead pleased with it too.

IN-A3 said:
ISO fix has limits and is not the safest.
Why is ISOFIX not the safest? Surely the ability to guarantee the same solid connection to the car every time mitigates any mistakes with a seatbelt?

Weve got a recaro isofix baby seat, the good thing is that the upholstry of it almost matches our light grey leather/alcantara seats exactly.

Group buy on RS4 baby seats anyone...:icon_thumright: