NEW S3 OWNERS

markwiggy

Third Gear
Reaction score
Hi !
Just recieved my V5 Registration doc for my new S3, it reads ''A3 20TFSI Quattro''. I would of thought it should read ''S3 20TFSI Quattro'' can anyone who has recieved thier V5 please check and feedback what it says.

Anyone who is unsure about buying an S3, just do it!!! they are the dogs dangly bits. ( Before anyone asks,No I do not work for Audi! ) Just a happy bunny.

Thanks

Mark

Had this before with another car, it was simple to change at DVLA at the time, but the rules have changed since.

I would check it with the dealer / Audi CS as well to double check what it should say.

This info is key when it comes to HPI checks with any potential buyer when you want to upgrade ;-) you don't want it to be viewed as a "look a like"

Chris.

markwiggy said:
Hi !
Just recieved my V5 Registration doc for my new S3, it reads ''A3 20TFSI Quattro''. I would of thought it should read ''S3 20TFSI Quattro'' can anyone who has recieved thier V5 please check and feedback what it says.

JUst checked and mine says "A3 TFSI Quattro"

thing is S3 or not the main model designation for the car is A3 so thats probably why. And its a 2.0TFSI engine and its 4wd - all kinda makes sense really

steve184 said:
thing is S3 or not the main model designation for the car is A3 so thats probably why. And its a 2.0TFSI engine and its 4wd - all kinda makes sense really

True indeed. My current (old S3) is an A3 S3 1.8T quattro on all records even the insurance.

It is a little surprising its not named the same way for the new S3 though? Probably no one in DVLA has the slightest idea what the car is...

...which is strange as lots of people know about M3's, but the S series have a little more stealth as to what they are and whats lurking under the bonnet and behind the steering wheel :scared2: IMHO.

stevec said:

It is a little surprising its not named the same way for the new S3 though? Probably no one in DVLA has the slightest idea what the car is...
IMHO.

I think you are probably right, spoke to the dealer and thier demo also says ''A3 TFSI Quattro''. But that doesn't mean its right.

I will enquire at the DVLA local office when I change my reg over, as i see problems with vehicle ID in the future with insurance etc.

My 20T Q s-line had the same on the V5, so that cannot be right.

Thanks for all your help !!

Mark

From a post over on TSN

Please be aware :
Bulletin due to be issued to Audi Centres

We have become aware of an issue with the Registration Document for S3 models where the incorrect model name is shown on the V5.
Due to a processing error at the DVLA, S3 models are being shown as ‘A3 2.0TFSI quattro’ when the V5 Registration document is received by the Customer through the post.
The DVLA are aware of the error and have informed us that any incorrect Registration Documents can be returned to the DVLA where they will be corrected and re-issued. Vehicles registered after 1st March 2007 should not be affected by this issue as the DVLA systems have now been corrected.

I've spoken to my dealer and he has confirmed that a letter is in the post to me and I'll have to send in my logbook to have it changed.

Unless I've missed it I don't think anyone has yet compared the old and new S3s in depth have they?

Just out of interest for those lucky enough to have owned them both, which do you prefer? In terms of when you first got them both rather than your opinions of them both now.

And does the new one handle better or worse? I have driven both but only a couple of miles in each. I thought the new one felt more planted. And certainly more powerful.

I was a teenager when the 8L S3 came out and I fell in love straight away. It still makes my heart flutter :D the new one doesn't visually have the same effect but driving it does!

Iv'e had 2 8L S3's both modified quite heavily and the new one is far superior to them in every detail.

JamS3 said:
Iv'e had 2 8L S3's both modified quite heavily and the new one is far superior to them in every detail.

Same here. Owned 2 8L S3's and now the new model. Dynamically the new car is a great step forward.

So much so I'm not even bothered to get it remapped, and thats saying something!

Are you sure the S3 is an A3?

On all the documents over in Ireland it's an S3 not an A3 - including the log 'book' etc.

Mark how much did you get for your s-line and how many miles, how old was it and all that?

Looking to trade mine in end of oct you see

staz1000 said:
Mark how much did you get for your s-line and how many miles, how old was it and all that?

Hi
It was a September 05 on a 55 plate, 12k and absolutely mint. It had the full S-Line kit, bumpers, spoiler ,18'' wheels 1/2 leather , Bose,symphony and armrest. They stole it off me for £16,000.

Mark

Mark when did you sell your S-Line?

Also what colour was it?

What a loss!

I picked mine up october for 19k, hoping to get above 17 for it after a year. Not looking promising though!

staz1000 said:
What a loss!

It was a big loss, but I got a very good discount and ordered before a price increase. I saved about 2.5k on the car. They offered me 15k at first.

You never gain when buying a new car, you are only here once so i decided what the hell. I promised myself the last S3 and never got one, so a little treat was in order.

It was well worth it !!

Mark

I'm in the same boat now. I'm goig to afghanistan in sept. Should have enough for an S3 in the bank and a deposit for my house when I get back but my dad says I'm stupid and should put all the money in the house. I know he's right but I want it! lol

staz1000 said:
Should have enough for an S3 in the bank and a deposit for my house when I get back but my dad says I'm stupid and should put all the money in the house. I know he's right but I want it! lol

Your dad may well be right, but if you can have both go for it, think how nice the new S3 will look outside the new house.

Mark

Damn it Mark!

I got a mate who is currently looking for an A3 who would have taken your A3off you for more than £16k the dealers gave you.

The dealer got a good deal with your car for sure, i bet ya they have it on the forecourt for a good £20K+!

RobinA3 said:
Damn it Mark!

I got a mate who is currently looking for an A3 who would have taken your A3off you for more than £16k the dealers gave you.

The dealer got a good deal with your car for sure, i bet ya they have it on the forecourt for a good £20K+!

Not to worry,although i did make it known on the forum it was for sale. It would of been a really good buy for somebody.

The dealer did get a good buy, i did shop around three dealers and that was the best offer, I was expecting around 18 -18.5k but I suppose we are all guilty of over valueing are cars. I think for the dealer to get 20k+ is a bit optimistic , I would of thought more like 19k. I was frightened to check !!

Mark