A3 Build weeks ???

cliveywolves

Reaction score
Website
www.carinsurance4u.co.uk
Hi all...

I am trying to work out the build week of my A3 Sportback , It was ordered mid October 2006 and was at the dealers about 18th Dec 2006..

Anybody know how you find out or can work it out ??????:uhm:

Cheers....

The build weeks match or are a week behind the weeks of the year. I.e. Build Week 1 = WC 1st Jan, or WC 8th Jan - can't remember whether it was actual week or a week behind.

Thats what I worked out from mine

The dealer should be able to tell you categorically but figure on about 3 weeks prior to delivery.

Build week 1 is year week 1 for 2007 - ie week commencing Monday 1 January 2007. Audi build weeks start on a Monday. My new A3 was due to be built in build week 4 - w/b 22 January 2007. It normally takes between 2 and 3 weeks to arrive at the dealers after the build date depending on the schedule of the ships leaving the port in northern Germany. New cars are transported from Ingolstadt to the port by train.

Your dealer should be able to find out from his system the build week allocated to your particular car.

My guess would be build week 47. Mine was week 48, and that was ordered on 21st Oct, parked on my driveway between Christmas and New Year, so probably at the dealers at the end of the week before Christmas, or on the first day after Boxing Day.

I ordered my new Sportback on 6 December 2006 and it was built last week (build week 4) so that's 7 weeks between order with the dealer and the car being built. The time between you ordering your car and the dealer actually adding the order to the system can, of course, vary but the time between it being added to the main Audi order system and it being built should be much the same, unless there is any delay because component availability for a particular model.

When I ordered my first A3 (8P) back in 2004 it took a total of 18 weeks due to the availability of the then new DSG gearbox.

PM me your Chassis number and I'll tell you the exact day it was built.

Mine was built 13th January but it's still stuck in Germany :(

Well mine was ordered late September 2006 and I collected it on 12th December. Mine was build week 46 so 48 sounds about right for yours.

cheers guys..... called the dealers waste of time , said they dont know he guessed between 45 and 50 .... so if they dont know who would.....

basically wanted me off the phone :gun2: