DIS service message

powerplay

Grrrr
Reaction score
I've started getting a message on the DIS at ignition, stating "Service in 5700MI 24 Days"

I've done just 6800 so that sounds fine to me. But what's the 24 days all about? It started off at 28 (that I noticed) ans has gone down to 24 in the last 3 days.

Car just 13 months old, so a bit confused. The manual mentions nothing about a DIS message (that I can find) and just states I'll see a spanner icon in the digital display in the speedo? :readit:

It means which ever comes sooner - 24 days or 5700miles and then it needs to go in for the service.

Thanks for that. I hope that resetting the msg won't give Audi any fuel to reject any future warrantee claim, should I need one!

And personally I thought in general I drove rather conservatively :whistle2:

MarcQuinlivan said:
Shouldn't do - the book says 2yrs\12000 miles so as long as you do it within that you should be covered. If the service readout is calculated dynamically then Audi can't say for sure when you were due one.
The Service times and dates and the amount of past due is recorded. So if you reset the message its going to be recorded, but you won't have a corresponding stamp in your service book.

I would have the car serviced because I suspect the sensors have detected a problem with the oil. (or the sensors are duff)

But it's your engine ;-)

Chris.