New Alloy - Replica???

Leetaylor

Reaction score
Hi

A friend of mine has recently hadd a blowout on the motorway in his A3, and he's buckled the wheel.
He phoned Audi and got a price of £320 Inc VAT for a new wheel, which he obviously doesn't want to pay.
Has anybody on here purchased a replica wheel, and if so where from, and can you tell the difference??
They are 18's by the way

He lives in Mansfiels/nottinghan way?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Lee

Hangfire if you can and buy one of ebay when one next comes up, or try and have a deal with the stealer on price.

Get a real one of ebay. The replica won't even weigh the same as the original wheel and may be a slightly different colour.

My S-line wheel was £280 from Audi and that was with 20% off.

Why oh why does every Audi dealer seem to quote different prices for the same ****** part ?
I was told £404 for an S-line wheel,when I asked out of pure curiosity (to scare my wife away from kerbing them,actually).
I thought that was outrageous.
£280 I could grudgingly live with if I needed one.

Why oh why does every Audi dealer seem to quote different prices for the same ****** part ?

Perhaps because they are all seperate companies and, whilst their all buy their parts from Audi UK, they can sell them at whatever price they like. It's called competition.

There should be parity,otherwise Audi's name can end up being made to look silly.
Look at this thread.
One dealer makes me think "friggin Audi,friggin rip off price for alloys".
Another dealer makes me think "that's not too bad for an OE alloy I suppose".
How many,after phoning the first dealer,will bother to phone the second ?
I must admit I wouldn't.
I would just assume it was 'audi's' price and that's that.

I agree with bowfer, would you expect to pay differant prices for a quarter pound burger in McDonalds ?

But that's exactly what happens - different prices of MacD's (for example) can be found in different "restaurants" (I use that term lightly)

There may be differing prices due to the following:

1) A Dealer may include VAT, the others may not
2) A Dealer may include fitting your tyre to the new rim, others may not - or may just do it FOC (unlikely)
3) Different area's of the country
4) Dealers may have a reduced price to get rid of stock which could have been specially ordered and not collected
5) Some dealers may offer regular customers discount - so if you call your local dealer and speak to the service dept, then ask for a price, the SA may speak to the parts guy and explain that you are a regular customer, therefore getting you some discount...

So there are a number of reasons why prices could be different.

There's a difference between 'some' difference in price and £124 of a difference for the same wheel.
Unless my dealer was including a tyre,which I doubt...

Just to clarify the wheel I bought was £355inc vat but the dealer gave me 20% off that as they had the damaged wheel reconditioned for me and it came back the wrong colour. So I paid £280 for the new wheel after the discount.