Interior Light Pack - retrofit light panel?

SamDude

Reaction score
Would the light panel that fits below the AC controls simply 'snap in' as a replacement part (where there was no Interior Light Pack previously specified) or does it need the connection/wiring in place beforehand?

I'll bump this for you SamDude.

It turns out my colleague's (B5) A4 Avant has the interior/ambient light pack and this looks pretty good. She hadn't even noticed. There's me banging on about the overhead lights I fitted and she's 'Oh, I think I've got that...'

Not sure which light panel below the a/c controls you mean? Interior light panel in the headlining, is this the one you mean.As far as i know its you a simple replacement without any extra wiring.
Best do a search for this one as ive read a few threads about fitting these.

If I'm understanding SamDude's post correctly he means the red LED glow you get from beneath the A/C control panel. It lights up the little cubby just forward of the ashtray.

I've fitted the overhead lighting and it is indeed a doddle but this is something else.

Rich, iirc you have Bose in your car?

I quite fancy having the overhead light panel in mine but have heard there is a problem with locating the audio-pilot microphone?, just wondered how you went on mate..

Steve

im trying to fit 2 l.e.d's in the interior roof light,any idea's would be great!

Also ive got footwell lighting any idea i.e where to wire them or any wiring diagram would help,thanks.

A4 TDI (B6) 2001

Beddie,

Yes I do have Bose and no it wasn't a problem. See here. Do you realise you've had three cars since I've known you? :moa:

:edit: FYI, going back to front the pack from the dealer consists of the grille piece, the interior light and the panel housing the map lights and LEDs. Obviously all the 'back' fittings are included too. It really was a case of unscrewing my original unit and replacing it with the new one.

vw754,

Not sure about A4s but this thread might be handy for you too.

:edit: On my colleague's B5 the light fitting looked exactly the same as the one I fitted to my 8P. Don't quote me on this but the part number mikep and myself gave is not specific to A3s so it may fit in yours. Best check with the dealer.

There is no wiring for this light and its only suitable for vehicles with single DIM radio.

I did this mod to my B7 A4 and it required £35.00 worth of parts and a wiring feed taking from the Drivers side air vent :)

I've just had it confirmed that the part I've bought from eBay is only the panel - no light/wiring is included.

If it requires another £35, it wasn't worth the £1.50 I paid for the panel from eBay... :huh:

rich1068 said:
Beddie,

Yes I do have Bose and no it wasn't a problem. See here. Do you realise you've had three cars since I've known you? :moa:

Hehe, i've got a bit of a new car fetish.... Partly your fault for bringing a lovely A3 and parking it among all those Golfs at Billing lol! :happy:

Mine's got Bose and airbag deactivation in the glovebox so i should be able to use the same part number as yourself, i do however have bluetooth phone prep also but not sure whether this affects it? (phone mic is up there too i imagine...)

Cheers Rich :o.k:

The difference for Airbag deactivation only applies to older B6 A4 models. The only differences for A3 are colour and whether it has Open Sky/Sunroof ;)

The Mic will need to be removed from your original light and put in the new one but it's litterally just a case of unplugging from the old one and putting into the new one :)

When I changed mine I had to swap over some sort of mic. I guess this was the 'audio-pilot microphone' Beddie refered too (whatever that is). There is a space for another, would this be for the Bluetooth phone mic?

Beddie said:
i do however have bluetooth phone prep also but not sure whether this affects it? (phone mic is up there too i imagine...)

Beddie,

A bit late but I spoke to Neil and apparently the Bluetooth thing isn't a problem either. It should just be 'plug and play'.

I only realised recently that my 2003 B6 saloon has the interior lighting pack. Lights under the footwells & those two funny little red dots in the top panel.

I figure that if it takes you ten months of ownership to discover your car is fitted with something, it can't be very important or significant.