EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: Double din

Reverse Gear

Status

Double din

Firstly Im new here so Hello everyone just changed from a BMW 320d to a Audi A3 2.0tdi, there thats that over with now the question. I only have a tape in the car and was looking on ebay at a Audi syphony cd head unit, now it says its a double din version will this fit my car its a 04 plate 2.0 tdi thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

jamiekip
    Tape only is a chorus stereo I think, which is a single DIN. A symphony stereo is twice the size so it wouldn't go in easily.

I know things like the cup holder and stuff are removed to fit the double DIN steroes - someone may ahve done it on here before though.

Status
    Correct - the Symphony II is a double-DIN unit. You can buy a double-DIN cage to retrofit, but as well as the cup-holder you will need some different buttons to go next to the hazard lights button. The climate control panel can then be trimmed down to fit, or (more expensive) you can buy the double-DIN version.

If you're keen and skilled enough to go to that much trouble however, I'd recommend retrofitting the RNS-E sat nav instead. Most people who have fitted the double-DIN cage have only done this to fit the RNS-E; it's probably too much hassle just for the Symphony units.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjones333
    I only have a tape in the car and was looking on ebay at a Audi syphony cd head unit, now it says its a double din version will this fit my car its a 04 plate 2.0 tdi thanks
    Just as a follow-up question, did you send me a question on eBay for a Symphony II unit? I sold mine last Sunday and recall someone asked me if it would fit a 2004 A3.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

S55 LKS

Status
    If you are just looking for a single din cd head unit you can usually pick up the Concert II on ebay for around the £80-90 mark. That should be a straight swap...I think.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E