service indicator.

oldlaw

Reaction score
Recently had the car serviced. Should the service indicator say miles_ _ _
days_ _ _ . Is this correct?

Another quick question on this - on new cars, do the cars come set up for long life, or standard service????
(never had a car from 'brand new' before)

It depends what you ask for. My dealer said they always set them to long life servicing. Then, if the first service comes up quicker than it would have on fixed interval servicing, they'll switch you back to that. I'd imagine most dealers would probably do the same.

Should be long life unless you ask otherwise, and your miles will sort themselves out after a while.

off topic but long life is ******** - I have long life services and they last 10k and guess what the fixed service interval is... good for some not for others. It means I have to pay for the dogs bits in Oil when I dont need it, nor do I get a discount if I go fixed.

Not to keen on long life either.
My dad had his A4 from new, with long life only had 2 services, and by the time the 3rd came along, warrenty expired, and needed bits sorting. At least with a 12 month service, you can squeeze a service in before the warranty ends, and get jobs sorted.!
Think about it, with long life, your 3rd service is after tehe warranty,therefore costing the owner hard earned readies!
How much do Audi get out of that????