Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: RNE-S Sellers?

Neutral

Status

RNE-S Sellers?

Hi guys

Just wondering if you could give me some pointers of where to get one of these beasts?!?

I have had a look on eBay and there are a couple on there, and some are from Lithuania. Has had anyone bought them from these peoples?

Can you recommend places of where to purchase? Also, how much you paid, inc postage?

Cheers H
    Black A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport with black Alcantara/Leather, silver roof rails, Symphony II & BOSE, heated seats, storage pack, lighting pack, PIAA chrome white lights and more...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hburnett
    Hi guys

Just wondering if you could give me some pointers of where to get one of these beasts?!?

I have had a look on eBay and there are a couple on there, and some are from Lithuania. Has had anyone bought them from these peoples?

Can you recommend places of where to purchase? Also, how much you paid, inc postage?

Cheers H

Hi ...

Got mine from a seller on ebay , he is based in the UK i bought it privately off him and used paypal to pay..... built some trust up with him by sending me some pics and info via email and text 1st.....

Be carefull of foriegn sellers as a lot have fake feedback and sell dodgy units that dont work correctly....

I paid about 385 in total for Rns-e Unit GPS Antenna,Dvd map, Manuals etc...

Cheers
    Clive

Neutral

Status
    Clive

Thanks for that I thought that might be the case with the foriegn sellers!

Just sent you a PM<

Cheers Howard
    Black A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport with black Alcantara/Leather, silver roof rails, Symphony II & BOSE, heated seats, storage pack, lighting pack, PIAA chrome white lights and more...

Status
    I bought mine on eBay from a vendor called topsatnav. It just so happens he has another A3 unit for sale right now. No bidders yet either:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200071473078

The seller is called Paul and lives in West London. The auction above is virtually identical to the one I won, and the deal went perfectly, even to the point where I met him in person at his home to collect the RNS-E. He had a harness connected to a 12V supply so that he could demonstrate the RNS-E working - very few eBay vendors would do this. Nice chap.

I won the auction for &#163;409, and for &#163;25 on top of this, Paul also added the adapter so total spend was &#163;434. Recommended!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    I bought mine on eBay from a vendor called topsatnav. It just so happens he has another A3 unit for sale right now. No bidders yet either:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200071473078

The seller is called Paul and lives in West London. The auction above is virtually identical to the one I won, and the deal went perfectly, even to the point where I met him in person at his home to collect the RNS-E. He had a harness connected to a 12V supply so that he could demonstrate the RNS-E working - very few eBay vendors would do this. Nice chap.

I won the auction for 409, and for 25 on top of this, Paul also added the adapter so total spend was 434. Recommended!

Hi...

Yep thats my boy ,, bought off the same seller as you and had no problems at all. (think you told me about him)

I paid about 385 , didnt need the adapter as my 2007 had quadlock etc....

1st Gear

Status
    I really wish I had the full sat nav!

I wonder would anyone buy my CD based unit so I could trade up...

07 S3 sold and replaced with E92 335 coupe

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    I really wish I had the full sat nav!

I wonder would anyone buy my CD based unit so I could trade up...
    Hi..

What CD Unit have you got fitted in your motor ???
    Concert III 3 ??

Clive

1st Gear

Status
    No.. I've got Sat Nav. But it's the CD based Sat Nav.

07 S3 sold and replaced with E92 335 coupe

1st Gear

Status
    Ohhh I see.....

Try ebay...?

Or list on the Trading post Forum on here......

Jos
    Neutral

Status
    A big hello to all the forum users. This is a great forum, providing a lot of feedback about everything in an audi. Buying an S3 is proving to be a nightmare, and I'm sure that here, things will get more clearer. I'm searching feedback from users, and not from the salesman... I havent placed an order yet, just trying to find the best discount and to choose the extras, that's where the nightmare is... So you're saying that an extra that costs in the UK 2175 pounds, can be bought with 500 pounds in ebay or other places? Will the RNS-E, function just like the one mounted in the factory, voice integrated and all? The S3 comes with the concert radio standard and the symphony in option, only the symphony will allow the retrofit without cutting the dash?
    Altought very expensive, the satnav is cool, providing an interface for everything... The leather seats, flat bottom wheel and rims similar to RS4 are a must have, but the satnav is way beyond the budget. If retrofit is like it seems, I'll have to consider it and put the symphony instead of the concert...
    Many thanks!

KR
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Can this be fitted into a 2004 A3?

Just wondering

Status
    Yes and yes to the last two posts. See http://www.navplus.us for more information - it's dedicated to the RNS-E.

Interest in retrofitting the RNS-E has gone off the scale in the last few months. I'm getting at least five PMs a week with lots of questions - there is a sticky in the ICE section for this, but we might need one in the A3 8P section too!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent

Status
    Not a bad idea Ben I was going to add something regarding alloys anyway so I'll do a FAQ sticky.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Yes and yes to the last two posts. See http://www.navplus.us for more information - it's dedicated to the RNS-E.

Interest in retrofitting the RNS-E has gone off the scale in the last few months. I'm getting at least five PMs a week with lots of questions - there is a sticky in the ICE section for this, but we might need one in the A3 8P section too!
    HI ...

Same here i have had lots of emails and PMs over the last month regarding the RNS-E.... Sticky Please.......

6th Gear

Status
    In the new models even the concert single cd is double din so don't need to spec the symphony in order to retrofit!
    Last edited by JamS3; 23rd January 2007 at 13:33.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    In the new models even the concert single cd is double din so don't need to spec the symphony in order to retrofot!
    Bargain, that'll be a saving in my next order (2.5yrs away!!)
    H

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    Not a bad idea Ben I was going to add something regarding alloys anyway so I'll do a FAQ sticky.

J.
    Thanks MB - I've just added a post with some links for those interested in the RNS-E.