Xenon Headlamp problem

vagman

Reaction score
I had a run-in with a pheasant the other day and the bottom line is that although the lens is not actually broken, there is a hairline crack which goes right through.

Is it possible to repair/replace the lens only, or is a whole new unit required.

If a new one is required, how much am I looking at.

Many thanks for any replies.

I don't think you can get the headlight glass for the xenon lights only a whole new light unit. I bet the light unit is probably £200 or more knowing Audi.

Only the complete headlight is listing in the parts catalogue.

Yep - You can't just replace the glass - its a sealed unit.

I did get my Xenon headlights for £51 the pair from eBay but they were the original Xenon ones, not the latest Xenon Plus. You'd be very lucky to find yours anywhere but a dealer....

Thanks for your replies.

The unit cannot be repaired.

A replacement will cost £350, yes that's right three hundred and fifty quid.

What an effing rip-off.

try vag-parts, they might be able to get it you cheaper!

A replacement will cost £350, yes that's right three hundred and fifty quid.

What an effing rip-off.

That's about half of the upgrade price from normal halogen to xenon plus on a new car. What did you expect....

You could invest in a pair of plastic headlight protectors (around £30.00). Cheaper than replacing another headlight if one gets hit by a stone.

I have a pair that I used to stick the black patches on for continental driving and I shall certainly be using them to protect the xenon plus headlights on my new Sportback.

They do say you shouldn't use the head light protectors with Xenons though but I have never had a problem on my last couploe of cars.

J.

Got the same problem, along with ahem..., a long list of additional parts required, after hitting a deer at 65mph......