Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Xenon Headlamp problem

I had a run-in with a pheasant the other day and the bottom line is that although the lens is not actually broken, there is a hairline crack which goes right through.

Is it possible to repair/replace the lens only, or is a whole new unit required.

If a new one is required, how much am I looking at.

Many thanks for any replies.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I don't think you can get the headlight glass for the xenon lights only a whole new light unit. I bet the light unit is probably £200 or more knowing Audi.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

1st Gear

Status
    Yep I think dandle is right I am afraid.
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.

Only the complete headlight is listing in the parts catalogue.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep - You can't just replace the glass - its a sealed unit.

I did get my Xenon headlights for £51 the pair from eBay but they were the original Xenon ones, not the latest Xenon Plus. You'd be very lucky to find yours anywhere but a dealer....
    2012 White A5 Coupe TFSi Black Edition
    (Was 2004 A3 2.0 TDi S-Line DSG, owned from 2005 to 2012....)

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for your replies.

The unit cannot be repaired.

A replacement will cost 350, yes that's right three hundred and fifty quid.

What an effing rip-off.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights

6th Gear

Status
    try vag-parts, they might be able to get it you cheaper!

A replacement will cost 350, yes that's right three hundred and fifty quid.

What an effing rip-off.
    That's about half of the upgrade price from normal halogen to xenon plus on a new car. What did you expect....

You could invest in a pair of plastic headlight protectors (around 30.00). Cheaper than replacing another headlight if one gets hit by a stone.

I have a pair that I used to stick the black patches on for continental driving and I shall certainly be using them to protect the xenon plus headlights on my new Sportback.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    They do say you shouldn't use the head light protectors with Xenons though but I have never had a problem on my last couploe of cars.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Got the same problem, along with ahem..., a long list of additional parts required, after hitting a deer at 65mph......
    09/04 - 07/08: A3 2.0 TDi Sport DSG: Lava Grey; Xenons.