Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Sepang Blue S3

Status

S3 Discount. What expected / achieved?

Hi all,

What S3 discount so expect of a Ł31 Car?
    What wbsites to haggle with?
    what % Achieved?
    What dealers etc....

DM
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I managed 7.5% in the end but this deal seems to be exceptional. Drive the deal are knocking Ł500 off.

Steve
    A4 B8 2.0TDi S Line Multitronic

1st Gear

Status
    Mine with a modest set of options had no discount at all

Third Gear

Status
    No discount, hard bargained two dealers with no joy. Also told demo would fetch full list when sold.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmann
    Hi all,

What S3 discount so expect of a Ł31 Car?
    What wbsites to haggle with?
    what % Achieved?
    What dealers etc....

DM
    Wait till the summer, just prior to the 2008MY, and watch the discounts suddenly start to appear.....

1st Gear

Status

Unhappy

No discount, and I ordered almost all the options...

Traded between 2 online brokers and 4 dealers, best offer was dealer fit tracker fitted at cost and anything from the audi accessories catalogue at cost.

Not sure if you will get much better later in the year simply as the dealers have very limited allocation for this build year.

When I was going between them in December, Bristol had 5, Swindon had 4, Gloucesrter had only 2 left when i spoke to them, didn't write down Cardiff numbers.

Don't imagine you will see any discounts until the end of the year as allocations are very limited.
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

Neutral

Status
    I got 9% off on my S3. It had a price of 399 000 SEK (Ł28 217 ) with the specs and after discount I paid around 363 000 SEK (Ł25 671)

Think I did a good deal. What the start price on the S3 in the UK? Here in Sweden it starts from 326 500 SEK (Ł23 090)

Ł1= 14,14 SEK
    Audi S3 - 2007 (BSR remap 310 bhp) Team Ibis White ©

4th Gear

Status
    Ł26,975 (381 427 SEK at your exchange rate) is the start price here.

I don't know if there are any specification differences though.

I've been phoning around some dealers, and sat face to face with one, but no discount has been forthcoming so far, though a few deals on accessory options.

Been offered some just below list ex demonstrators though, but these have been above the list price of a standard car as they're loaded with options!
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

6th Gear

Status
    Same story here...only managed to get around £700 off the end price but that was just a bargaining tool to give me more money for my trade in which I wanted!

Dealers also stated the demos would be going for full list and they are on the Audi websit eif you have a look.

2008MY thought the A/S3 line was not chainging until 2010?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    What kind of berk pays full list price for a used ex-demonstrator!?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    Loads of people do that want one there and then instead of waiting for a car to be built delivered, I would never but you would be surprised by the amount of people that do!

I think people are more inclined to buy a top of the range car as a ex demo than say your bog standard marque with little discount as they understand that a S3 ex demo or not will be full list due to its exclusivity.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    My dealer has their demo car at Ł4k under list price. List Ł34k + selling for Ł30k.

Ironically he wouldn't budge on the used one and gave me a much better deal on the new one!

Steve
    A4 B8 2.0TDi S Line Multitronic

Neutral

Status
    Hmm...why is it som much more expensive in the UK!? Maybe it is more expensive to build right side droven cars, just a guess. Any suggestions?
    Audi S3 - 2007 (BSR remap 310 bhp) Team Ibis White ©

Third Gear

Status
    Appears alot cheaper in Sweden Freddie, not sure why. £27,000 for the standard car in the UK.
    Mark

Manufacturers/Imports charge what the market will stand. Cars have always been more expensive in the UK than in mainland Europe.

But also the trade-in price is also higher, so in a lot of cases it's the cost to change that is important rather than the initial purchase price of a particular car.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

murray

Status
    I was told no discounts available but was offered the BOSE upgrade FOC

5th Gear

Status
    i managed to get £1500 off mine which i was pleased with, 3 audi dealers said no discounts

6th Gear

Status
    No discount or me either and I tried!!!

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieS3
    Hmm...why is it som much more expensive in the UK!? Maybe it is more expensive to build right side droven cars, just a guess. Any suggestions?
    Cars sold in the UK normally come with a higher base spec (compared with Germany and the Netherlands where new cars come poverty spec, not sure about Sweden) and things like a longer warranty and roadside assist.

Might explain part of the difference.
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

jamiekip
    Got 3% of the basic price of the car - no discount on options though!

6th Gear

Status
    JohnS3 did you get yours from Teeside Audi?

If so thats where mine came from.

jamiekip
    That'll be your old S3 on the audi used car locator on the website then???
    I see they've switched it back to standard 225 spec!!
    My family are from Guisborough and I know a few of the guys over at Teesside Audi and they couldn't give me any dicount on one of the cars!!

6th Gear

Status
    Yes thats the one mate, don't know about putting it back!

Suppose they don't have the cut and paste info for the AMD remap!

Shocking how much they put onto the cars to what they give for trade in...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    JohnS3 did you get yours from Teeside Audi?

If so thats where mine came from.

No, it's a bit closer to home than Teeside. I hear through the grapevine, but I could be wrong, that you're thinking of an RNS retrofit.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes mate, who do you know that I do?

jamiekip
    Yes thats the one mate, don't know about putting it back!

Suppose they don't have the cut and paste info for the AMD remap!

Shocking how much they put onto the cars to what they give for trade in...
    Yeah, their asking a nice chunk of cash for your old car - I daren't even think about the percentage mark up they have stuck on it!
    The cheek of it!
    I get my Sprint Blue S3 March 1st (live in London), but will be making a trip up north to see the folks and get a few run-in miles under it's belt.

It would be good to try and sort a meet, keen to see your car with the spacers on (if you get it sorted) and what your re-map is like!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Yes mate, who do you know that I do?
    I just fitted one and Craig mentioned you were about to do it too when he coded mine!

6th Gear

Status
    Ahh..thats how!

Take it there were no problems and wiring kits needed? What sort of coding does it need as I don't have Bose?

Jamiekip would you believe a £3000 mark up on my old S3???

jamiekip
    Ł3k! Shhheeeesh, can't believe they only gave you Ł700 off the new car!!!
    What a nightmare!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Tell me about it!

Thats why I took most of the things off I had done to it and sold them so I could make a bit more money!

Apparently they have had to buy 4 new tyres, put a new rear ARB and bushes on and discs and pads all round!

jamiekip
    Brilliant..... glad you got one over on them!
    Sounds like they've had to invest to get it on the approved used scheme!!!

Status
    Jamiekip would you believe a Ł3000 mark up on my old S3???
    No one pays even close to sticker price on a second hand car though...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

jamiekip
    True... I remember when I bought mine and haggled £2k off it, plus a 6 month extention to the usual 12 month used car warranty!!!
    Bonus!