S3 Discount. What expected / achieved?

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

What S3 discount so expect of a £31 Car?
What wbsites to haggle with?
what % Achieved?
What dealers etc....

DM

I managed 7.5% in the end but this deal seems to be exceptional. Drive the deal are knocking £500 off.

Steve

Mine with a modest set of options had no discount at all :(

No discount, hard bargained two dealers with no joy. Also told demo would fetch full list when sold.

davidmann said:
Hi all,

What S3 discount so expect of a £31 Car?
What wbsites to haggle with?
what % Achieved?
What dealers etc....

DM
Wait till the summer, just prior to the 2008MY, and watch the discounts suddenly start to appear.....

No discount, and I ordered almost all the options...

Traded between 2 online brokers and 4 dealers, best offer was dealer fit tracker fitted at cost and anything from the audi accessories catalogue at cost.

Not sure if you will get much better later in the year simply as the dealers have very limited allocation for this build year.

When I was going between them in December, Bristol had 5, Swindon had 4, Gloucesrter had only 2 left when i spoke to them, didn't write down Cardiff numbers.

Don't imagine you will see any discounts until the end of the year as allocations are very limited.

I got 9% off on my S3. It had a price of 399 000 SEK (£28 217 ) with the specs and after discount I paid around 363 000 SEK (£25 671)

Think I did a good deal. What the start price on the S3 in the UK? Here in Sweden it starts from 326 500 SEK (£23 090)

£1= 14,14 SEK

£26,975 (381 427 SEK at your exchange rate) is the start price here.

I don't know if there are any specification differences though.

I've been phoning around some dealers, and sat face to face with one, but no discount has been forthcoming so far, though a few deals on accessory options.

Been offered some just below list ex demonstrators though, but these have been above the list price of a standard car as they're loaded with options!

Same story here...only managed to get around £700 off the end price but that was just a bargaining tool to give me more money for my trade in which I wanted!

Dealers also stated the demos would be going for full list and they are on the Audi websit eif you have a look.

2008MY thought the A/S3 line was not chainging until 2010?

What kind of berk pays full list price for a used ex-demonstrator!?

Loads of people do that want one there and then instead of waiting for a car to be built delivered, I would never but you would be surprised by the amount of people that do!

I think people are more inclined to buy a top of the range car as a ex demo than say your bog standard marque with little discount as they understand that a S3 ex demo or not will be full list due to its exclusivity.

My dealer has their demo car at £4k under list price. List £34k + selling for £30k.

Ironically he wouldn't budge on the used one and gave me a much better deal on the new one!

Steve

Hmm...why is it som much more expensive in the UK!? Maybe it is more expensive to build right side droven cars, just a guess. Any suggestions?

Appears alot cheaper in Sweden Freddie, not sure why. £27,000 for the standard car in the UK.
Mark

Manufacturers/Imports charge what the market will stand. Cars have always been more expensive in the UK than in mainland Europe.

But also the trade-in price is also higher, so in a lot of cases it's the cost to change that is important rather than the initial purchase price of a particular car.

I was told no discounts available but was offered the BOSE upgrade FOC

i managed to get £1500 off mine which i was pleased with, 3 audi dealers said no discounts :ermm:

FreddieS3 said:
Hmm...why is it som much more expensive in the UK!? Maybe it is more expensive to build right side droven cars, just a guess. Any suggestions?

Cars sold in the UK normally come with a higher base spec (compared with Germany and the Netherlands where new cars come poverty spec, not sure about Sweden) and things like a longer warranty and roadside assist.

Might explain part of the difference.

Got 3% of the basic price of the car - no discount on options though!

JohnS3 did you get yours from Teeside Audi?

If so thats where mine came from.

That'll be your old S3 on the audi used car locator on the website then???
I see they've switched it back to standard 225 spec!!
My family are from Guisborough and I know a few of the guys over at Teesside Audi and they couldn't give me any dicount on one of the cars!!

Yes thats the one mate, don't know about putting it back!

Suppose they don't have the cut and paste info for the AMD remap!

Shocking how much they put onto the cars to what they give for trade in...

JamS3 said:
JohnS3 did you get yours from Teeside Audi?

If so thats where mine came from.

No, it's a bit closer to home than Teeside. I hear through the grapevine, but I could be wrong, that you're thinking of an RNS retrofit. ;)

JamS3 said:
Yes thats the one mate, don't know about putting it back!

Suppose they don't have the cut and paste info for the AMD remap!

Shocking how much they put onto the cars to what they give for trade in...

Yeah, their asking a nice chunk of cash for your old car - I daren't even think about the percentage mark up they have stuck on it!
The cheek of it!
I get my Sprint Blue S3 March 1st (live in London), but will be making a trip up north to see the folks and get a few run-in miles under it's belt.

It would be good to try and sort a meet, keen to see your car with the spacers on (if you get it sorted) and what your re-map is like!!!!

JamS3 said:
Yes mate, who do you know that I do?

I just fitted one and Craig mentioned you were about to do it too when he coded mine!

Ahh..thats how!

Take it there were no problems and wiring kits needed? What sort of coding does it need as I don't have Bose?

Jamiekip would you believe a £3000 mark up on my old S3???

£3k! Shhheeeesh, can't believe they only gave you £700 off the new car!!!
What a nightmare!!!

Tell me about it!

Thats why I took most of the things off I had done to it and sold them so I could make a bit more money!

Apparently they have had to buy 4 new tyres, put a new rear ARB and bushes on and discs and pads all round!

Brilliant..... glad you got one over on them!
Sounds like they've had to invest to get it on the approved used scheme!!!

True... I remember when I bought mine and haggled £2k off it, plus a 6 month extention to the usual 12 month used car warranty!!!
Bonus!