A3 2.0 TDI DSG - Launch Control?

SamDude

Reaction score
I have recently picked up a 2004 A3 2.0TDI DSG - its fantastic!

In the handbook, it mentions the Launch Control procedure. In the small print, it mentions that it is available on 6cyl DSG engines (which is the 3.2 petrol).

I've read on other sites/forums that owners of the 2.0 TDI model have it enabled/fitted.

Is it something that can be turned on? How do I go about getting it enabled?

Thanks,
Sam

I've read on here that the new 170 TDI DSG has launch control but I'm not aware of the 140 DSG ever having it.

So its not something that can be flashed/enabled via VAGCOM then?

From the other thread:

Originally Posted by PAT19799
Works on my 2005 140 tdi, but when you release the brake pedal, it aint exactly a responsive lauch! Takes a second for it to realise you've lifted off of the brake!
but then...

Originally Posted by marriedblonde
Really! I have the same model car as you and mines doesn;t work.

J.

So, is that conclusive? Can anyone double check/confirm if it cannot be VAGCOM'd?

No launch control on the 140 DSG.
I'm telling you.
You can 'fake' launch control by standing on the brake and throttle at the same time,but that just makes you an idiot,IMO.
You could probably fake launch control by revving the tits off it in neutral and banging into any drive mode as well,if you like.
I wouldn't want to try it though and my car isn't even mine !

My 2004 Owner's Manual says that Launch Control is only available on the 6-cyl engines. That may of changed of course but it's certianly not there on my 2004 A3 2.0TDI-140.

The 2.0T engine certainly has launch control, but it will not do it until the engine is upto working temperature.

It is a load of toss though, and does not sound to healthy for the car.

Terry

bowfer said:
No launch control on the 140 DSG.
I'm telling you.
You can 'fake' launch control by standing on the brake and throttle at the same time,but that just makes you an idiot,IMO.
You could probably fake launch control by revving the tits off it in neutral and banging into any drive mode as well,if you like.
I wouldn't want to try it though and my car isn't even mine !

wrong!

it works on mine

No 140 Diesel has Launch Control regardless of Model year. Most people that do say they have it use a term known as 'wishful thinking'.

Reactions: grainqey
Easy way to launch off quicker,

1) Turn ESP OFF
2) wait a few seconds then put car into S (SPORT)
3) Put left foot flat down on brake
4) put right foot flat down on acceleration ( should only rev to 2,000)
5) release left foot of break and off you go to warp speed