Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: Phone prep help

1st Gear

Status

Wink Phone prep help

Using the multi function wheel and built in bluetooth phone prep and having a few problems.

The phone syncs up ok via bluetooth ( nokia n73 ) and I can make phone calls via the bluetooth system.

The buttom on the left next to the track select should list the phone book entries. But when I press this I get "function/buttom not allow"

I have spoken with audi services and they said to copy all my phone book entries onto the sim card and not the phone itself.

Done this and still no joy.

Reading the manual its supposed to work

Anyone comes across this problem before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, the N73 is Symbian OS and not supported by the Audi module except for Hands free, all the extended commands (AT) that Audi use are not in the SYmbian OS of the N73, this applies to all N & E series phones from Nokia.

6th Gear

Status
    Can confirm this, the N-series phones from Nokia are a nightmare and all you'll get is basic functionality with none of the phonebook or call list sync. Furthermore, some of them can't even hold a bluetooth connection and keep disconnecting, notably the N80.

This is down to Nokia & Symbian rather than Audi btw.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Top Gear

Status
    I read somewhere there was an upgrade to the Bluetooth software on the device to include the new phones. It could be worth havng a word with your dealer to see if there is a software upgrade available to support you new(ish) fone.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

6th Gear

Status
    None of the A3/A4 phone modules are upgradeable. Only A6/A8/Q7 modules can be updated. Trust me your N series phone is a no go with a MFSW and audi BT kit.

6th Gear

Status
    As I said, this is down to Nokia & Symbian rather than Audi. Symbian's OS doesn't support the extended AT commands used to retrieve the phonebook and call lists, despite them being a virtual industry standard, and Nokia have worked their usual new-phone-firmware magic to produce a dodgy BT connection on some models.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors