Phone prep help

beerglass

Reaction score
Using the multi function wheel and built in bluetooth phone prep and having a few problems.

The phone syncs up ok via bluetooth ( nokia n73 ) and I can make phone calls via the bluetooth system.

The buttom on the left next to the track select should list the phone book entries. But when I press this I get "function/buttom not allow"

I have spoken with audi services and they said to copy all my phone book entries onto the sim card and not the phone itself.

Done this and still no joy.

Reading the manual its supposed to work

Anyone comes across this problem before?

Yes, the N73 is Symbian OS and not supported by the Audi module except for Hands free, all the extended commands (AT) that Audi use are not in the SYmbian OS of the N73, this applies to all N & E series phones from Nokia.

Can confirm this, the N-series phones from Nokia are a nightmare and all you'll get is basic functionality with none of the phonebook or call list sync. Furthermore, some of them can't even hold a bluetooth connection and keep disconnecting, notably the N80.

This is down to Nokia & Symbian rather than Audi btw.

I read somewhere there was an upgrade to the Bluetooth software on the device to include the new phones. It could be worth havng a word with your dealer to see if there is a software upgrade available to support you new(ish) fone.

None of the A3/A4 phone modules are upgradeable. Only A6/A8/Q7 modules can be updated. Trust me your N series phone is a no go with a MFSW and audi BT kit.

As I said, this is down to Nokia & Symbian rather than Audi. Symbian's OS doesn't support the extended AT commands used to retrieve the phonebook and call lists, despite them being a virtual industry standard, and Nokia have worked their usual new-phone-firmware magic to produce a dodgy BT connection on some models.