CD player covered by warranty ?

Amchlolor

Reaction score
My car's almost 2 years old.
The CD player (single play,no idea if 'chorus' or whatever) is becoming pickier than Victoria Beckham at a buffet.
Unless the CD's are unmarked,it skips all over the place.
Also skips over bumps now which,with S-line suspension,is quite often !

Would this be covered by the warranty,or classed as 'wear and tear' ????

Probably wear and tear I'd imagine. Be interesting to see if you could get a replacement under warranty.

Why would it be wear and tear? Whats there to be worn or torn? Its either working properly or not.

I have just had a replacement single CD under warranty and i am the third owner of a 04 plate car. So i cannot see any reason why not. Mine made a vibrating noise on shut down. I say go for it

I would think(hope) it's covered.

Have you tried a lens cleaner cd?

Worth a try Bowfer, see what they say.

If it has had it and needs replacing and they won't pay, I know Audi do reconditioned units as I've seen them in an accessories brochure for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

Perhaps even if they don't give you a new one, they could meet you half way.

tbh, if it wasn't coverd, i'd shove it up the managers ****.

Pretty sure that the original manufacturers warranty is 60k / 3 years "all component" cover.

pretty sure this will be covered under warranty don't see why not - as a monkey in a dealership won't see it as wear and tear simply a fault.

However, on the other hand wear and tear is possible in a cd player as there are motors and intricate worm gears in them which are bound to wear over time. But two years isn't really acceptable and more than likely a 'fault' in this case i think.

I suppose it depends whats wrong with it. If its just the lens that dirty, then I guess it will be considered wear and tear, and just needs cleaning by you. If its actually a fault with the lens or something like that, then I'd be expecting the dealer to fix it.

Well it toatally depends what sort of music you've been playing on it. :)

Had a problem with mine at 2 years old but listen more to the radio than CD's so left it almost 6 months till it went in for a service and they changed it without hesitation.

I had a CD player replaced under warranty in my old S3. It was over a year old and would skip badly some days and be perfect others.

I told the service manager at Wolverhampton Audi (sadly now part of some big group who only care about figures) and he replaced it the next week.

I have had two CD players replaced under warranty (my TT and A3) - no problems!