Badger5Monster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

CD player covered by warranty ?

My car's almost 2 years old.
    The CD player (single play,no idea if 'chorus' or whatever) is becoming pickier than Victoria Beckham at a buffet.
    Unless the CD's are unmarked,it skips all over the place.
    Also skips over bumps now which,with S-line suspension,is quite often !

Would this be covered by the warranty,or classed as 'wear and tear' ????
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear

Status
    Probably wear and tear I'd imagine. Be interesting to see if you could get a replacement under warranty.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Neutral

Status
    Why would it be wear and tear? Whats there to be worn or torn? Its either working properly or not.

I have just had a replacement single CD under warranty and i am the third owner of a 04 plate car. So i cannot see any reason why not. Mine made a vibrating noise on shut down. I say go for it

1st Gear

Status
    I would think(hope) it's covered.

Have you tried a lens cleaner cd?
    A3 Sportback 170TDI quattro S-line
    Lava Grey, SymphonyII, BOSE, Light and Rain Sensor Pack, I-POD connection , MF Steering Wheel, Rear Parking Sensors.

4th Gear

Status
    Worth a try Bowfer, see what they say.

If it has had it and needs replacing and they won't pay, I know Audi do reconditioned units as I've seen them in an accessories brochure for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

Perhaps even if they don't give you a new one, they could meet you half way.
    Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    tbh, if it wasn't coverd, i'd shove it up the managers arse.

Pretty sure that the original manufacturers warranty is 60k / 3 years "all component" cover.

Neutral

Status
    Good point, well made.

5th Gear

Status
    pretty sure this will be covered under warranty don't see why not - as a monkey in a dealership won't see it as wear and tear simply a fault.

However, on the other hand wear and tear is possible in a cd player as there are motors and intricate worm gears in them which are bound to wear over time. But two years isn't really acceptable and more than likely a 'fault' in this case i think.

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    I suppose it depends whats wrong with it. If its just the lens that dirty, then I guess it will be considered wear and tear, and just needs cleaning by you. If its actually a fault with the lens or something like that, then I'd be expecting the dealer to fix it.

1st Gear

Status
    Well it toatally depends what sort of music you've been playing on it.

Had a problem with mine at 2 years old but listen more to the radio than CD's so left it almost 6 months till it went in for a service and they changed it without hesitation.

1st Gear

Status
    I had a CD player replaced under warranty in my old S3. It was over a year old and would skip badly some days and be perfect others.

I told the service manager at Wolverhampton Audi (sadly now part of some big group who only care about figures) and he replaced it the next week.
    Ex 225bhp S3, ex Golf 150 PD TDI, ex A3 2.0 TDI Sportback, now Passat 2.0 TDi Estate Sport.

1st Gear

Status
    I have had two CD players replaced under warranty (my TT and A3) - no problems!
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.