New S3 Help Please, Options + Colour.

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Finally managed to get a decent insurance quote on my own through quoteline for 1900 quid.

However I'm having a little dilema with Options + Colour. Input needed please.

Right I am stuck for a colour. I Currently have Misano red which i love but if i had it again it would be like not changing. What colout should I go for as being the most sporty looking. Does anyone have any Imola Yellow official pics of the s3 and not the prototype.

Options I'm going for are-:

Recaro's Black Black. ( What is the wait / delivery time on these? ) Has anyone got pics of these.
Dim Door Mirrors
Rear Sensors
Flat Tyre
Front Arm Rest
Interior Light Pack
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Rain Sensor Pack
Hill Hold
DVD Sat Nav
CD Changer

What discount should I be expecting with all these options? I got 2K off my last 2.0TQ which was 27K.

DM :)

For an S3 I'd go for a light colour as they seem to show up the styling differences much better than dark colours. White, Sprint Blue, Yellow etc.

It'll be interesting to see if you can wangle a discount on the S3 - lets us know how you get on.

Has anyone managed a discount?

J.

grey or white would be my choice of colour, swaying more towards grey!

cant wait for these to come down in price lol

I managed a 3% discount on the basic price of the car. I ordered mine through PCP though instead of a company car (worked out just a little bit more expensive than a 2.0T sline special edition with no options!!!). Not sure who the compnay ordered the car through, though I asked (to make sure it wasn't an import) and they assured me the car was sourced through a UK main dealer. I tried to source the car cheaper myself and failed miserably - no discounts on this car!!!
Think I got lucky, as very few people seem to have managed to get any money off.

Showroom model - is that delivery miles, but lot's of kids finger prints all over it? If so i'd say it's a good deal, but the compromise would be it may not have the exact spec you want!
Or is it a demo, with 1000 or so hard miles under its bonnet? There has been debate about this before, some don't care if it's had no running in period, others do.... only you could decide really.
Either way, it's a good deal, worth nearly £1900 on a £29000 specced car.

It is a 10 mile old non registered car.

The spec is as I would have have done!

Phantom Black
Silver/Black Seats
GSM Prep
BOSE
Interior Lights
Privacy Glass
6CD
+ others.

List is £30450 - I can have it for £28800.

Just to decide now if I let the TT2 go? The S3 is far the quicker car and handles as well if not better.

Steve

Thats a good deal.

What a decision though, replacing a TT mk2 with S3 mk2.

I'm not sure what I'd do. Personally I think the TT is the better looking car, but like you say, in 2.0T form it doesn't have the performance of the new S3.

What do you prefer, looks or performance? Although I'm sure a chipped 2.0T TT would give a standard S3 8P a run for its money in the dry.

AL

TTLAW said:

Phantom Black
Silver/Black Seats
GSM Prep
BOSE
Interior Lights
Privacy Glass
6CD
+ others.

Just to decide now if I let the TT2 go? The S3 is far the quicker car and handles as well if not better.

Steve

If its the actual spec or close to what you want then i'd say that is a bargain. 10miles for circa £1900 discount, nice! Mind you the TT2 is IMHO a nicer car.

doubt you'll get much disount at all on an S3 build to order - when i got my discount for mine i was told by Audi CS that it couldn't be used on S cars.

id take the S3 with a discount like that for it :D keep it for a year or so and you can re-sell it for not much less!

I got a good discount on mine, they knocked off £1550.00

Glad to hear you insuring it in your own name David.

Colour is a very personal thing and to a degree it depends on your age. As you are still young you can get away with any colour but personally when you get to my age (59) I can see some rather silly comments coming forward from friends and neighbours if I went for yellow or orange.

Again personally, with an S3, I think it would be nice to go for one of the colours that can only be had in the S3. That way it stands out ( assuming that is what you want and I think it is) as an S3 and not any other verion of the A3. That basically gives you Imola yellow, Solar orange and Sprint blue. I don't think I could live with the orange but the other two, yes. I've seen a couple in Sprint blue and it really seems to suit the S3. My salesman at the dealers obviously thinks so as well because he has a new S3 in Sprint blue on order as his car.

David

I have mine in metallic silver and not just because I have this colour (it was my choice) I think it is one of the best for showing the shape off over the "standard" A3's etc, that along with white like Freddies on this forum.

Those two colours seem to show the lines of the car off better inc the wheel arches and the side skirts. I have seen black and sprint blue next to a silver one and the shape was shown off better by the silver car which made me decide to go for this one.

Go for it.... Imola yellow.

Can't see the point in Hill hold unless you already have buyer who is female lined up for when you come to sell. :)

My S3 just been built in Brilliant Red!!
Regarding your options, my salesman steered me away from the flat tyre indicator saying it was more trouble than it was worth.
I do check my tyres every couple of weeks though.

prt

anyone know anything about depriceation on the new S3 i wouldnt mind one but not sure how well it will hold its value could i be waiting a while ?

Only one good colour....

CIMG0379.JPG

ST wannabe i nthat orange - ruins a prestigious car i think

white or grey as ive said!

anyone got an imola yellow pic. Not the prototype though.

Please.

Please.

Dave

Metallic silver....you know u wanna!

Have a look at JohnS3's post "just picked up the S3..." and the pics he has posted

davidmann said:

Please.

Still looking dude.

I can find orange, white, silver, grey, black, blue, even red.

car_photo_210382_5.jpg

Dave

Iv'e never seen a yellow pic of one yet and searched the net loads when i bought mine for reviews, pics etc

Here you go gents. :meeting:At last the real thing in yellow. :hi:

4dc9vl2.jpg

4hl82ko.jpg

@ Steve

Sorry mate i just don't believe you got a 6.5% discount. I bought a cancelled order and only got £1k off after much, much haggling which involved me taking it by the end of December, Audi UK are insisting on no discounts.

I know you are enjoying your car though :yes: :arco:

Does it really have privacy glass?

This doesn't appear to be an option on the S3

TTLAW said:

Phantom Black
Silver/Black Seats
GSM Prep
BOSE
Interior Lights
Privacy Glass
6CD
+ others.

Steve

Tourist said:
Here you go gents. :meeting:At last the real thing in yellow. :hi:

4dc9vl2.jpg

4hl82ko.jpg

Now that looks awesome!

Where did you find the pics? Any idea where the wheels came from, or even what size they are? Look bigger than 19's to me.

AL

I was going to get my 2.0TDI in Imola Yellow and I have to say the pictures don't do it any justice whatsoever. In the flash, it looks amazingly sporty and a real head turned plus it isn't a yucky yellow. Audi got the colour just right IMO...