RNS-E Help Please

cliveywolves

Reaction score
Website
www.carinsurance4u.co.uk
Hi all.....

Just wondered how you get the rns-e while in Nav Mode to re- route you while driving..????
icon_question.gif

Ie , if im stuck in traffic on a road , how do i get it to find an alternative route for me ????

I dont have TMC either sorry.......

Cheers
Clive

Hi Clive, I don't think there's any way of changing your route unless you do it yourself, either by setting a new destination (a bit awkward), or, more easier, rotate the knob to zoom out and look at roads around you for an alternative (I like this ability a lot actually). If you have a passenger with you, you can get them to do it.

Note that when the RNS-E first searches for a route, it will display alternatives along with the first one it finds on the map. Wait a few seconds and they will appear. Rotate the knob again and each is selected in turn. Press it to select the preferred route - this might be useful.

Or, if you're trying to route around traffic jams or accidents, upgrade to 0550 with TMC! :)

benw123 said:
Hi Clive, I don't think there's any way of changing your route unless you do it yourself, either by setting a new destination (a bit awkward), or, more easier, rotate the knob to zoom out and look at roads around you for an alternative (I like this ability a lot actually). If you have a passenger with you, you can get them to do it.

Note that when the RNS-E first searches for a route, it will display alternatives along with the first one it finds on the map. Wait a few seconds and they will appear. Rotate the knob again and each is selected in turn. Press it to select the preferred route - this might be useful.

Or, if you're trying to route around traffic jams or accidents, upgrade to 0550 with TMC! :)

Hi ....

Cheers for your help, I didnt know it offered 3 routes... just checked it out that is handy to know.....:thumbsup:

Is it only 0550 that has TMC ???? As i have got 0500 but not installed the software yet .......

Thanks
Clive

If you press the Nav button and then the Route soft-button (top right I think), there should be an option in there called "Avoid from here" or similar, which will take you off in a new direction. Obviously intended for traffic jam and obstruction avoidance.

Regards TMC, you need the 2007 discs for this, which will install the 0550 software. You still need the new discs in addition to the 0550 software for the TMC to work, i.e. if you put an older map disc back in after upgrading to 0550, TMC will stop working.