Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

RNS-E Help Please

Hi all.....

Just wondered how you get the rns-e while in Nav Mode to re- route you while driving..????

Ie , if im stuck in traffic on a road , how do i get it to find an alternative route for me ????

I dont have TMC either sorry.......

Cheers
    Clive

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi Clive, I don't think there's any way of changing your route unless you do it yourself, either by setting a new destination (a bit awkward), or, more easier, rotate the knob to zoom out and look at roads around you for an alternative (I like this ability a lot actually). If you have a passenger with you, you can get them to do it.

Note that when the RNS-E first searches for a route, it will display alternatives along with the first one it finds on the map. Wait a few seconds and they will appear. Rotate the knob again and each is selected in turn. Press it to select the preferred route - this might be useful.

Or, if you're trying to route around traffic jams or accidents, upgrade to 0550 with TMC!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Hi Clive, I don't think there's any way of changing your route unless you do it yourself, either by setting a new destination (a bit awkward), or, more easier, rotate the knob to zoom out and look at roads around you for an alternative (I like this ability a lot actually). If you have a passenger with you, you can get them to do it.

Note that when the RNS-E first searches for a route, it will display alternatives along with the first one it finds on the map. Wait a few seconds and they will appear. Rotate the knob again and each is selected in turn. Press it to select the preferred route - this might be useful.

Or, if you're trying to route around traffic jams or accidents, upgrade to 0550 with TMC!

Hi ....

Cheers for your help, I didnt know it offered 3 routes... just checked it out that is handy to know.....

Is it only 0550 that has TMC ???? As i have got 0500 but not installed the software yet .......

Thanks
    Clive
    Last edited by cliveywolves; 15th January 2007 at 22:14.

6th Gear

Status
    If you press the Nav button and then the Route soft-button (top right I think), there should be an option in there called "Avoid from here" or similar, which will take you off in a new direction. Obviously intended for traffic jam and obstruction avoidance.

Regards TMC, you need the 2007 discs for this, which will install the 0550 software. You still need the new discs in addition to the 0550 software for the TMC to work, i.e. if you put an older map disc back in after upgrading to 0550, TMC will stop working.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors